Which meeting did you hate the most?

by lfcviking 31 Replies latest jw friends

• dinah
    dinah

Watchtower study and Service Meeting. Watchtower study was boring, and during the service meeting it was past my bedtime.

• Hermano
    Hermano

Jeez, it's a tough question. It seems like I hated them all for subtle variations of waste of time. I would have to say the bookstudy seemed like the one you got the least bang for the buck. You had to get dressed up and drive somewhere for ONE freaking hour of bullsh*t. And God help you if you got stuck in a group with a bunch of morons.

On the other hand, the Wednesday/Thursday night school/service meeting sucked cause you had to go to bed late only to wake up early for work the next morning. What a waste of a weeknight, you couldn't even get a decent amount of rest.

• llbh
    llbh

The Watchtower was boring, and the pt could be bad as well, if the speaker was boring which they usually were

Regards

David

• sacolton
    sacolton
    And God help you if you got stuck in a group with a bunch of morons.

LOL! Yeah, like if only five people show up and none of them want to comment. Worse yet, all five are women meaning that the
    chances of you having to say a prayer are ... well, a sure thing. On that subject, having to say a prayer via ad-libbing is a real art.
    Trying not to repeat the same old chant over and over is difficult at most. I think there was only one time when I was stuck in the
    middle with nothing coming to mind ... I swear a 5-second pause felt like an hour. It's embarrassing.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

I hated them all!!

But if I had to choose my least favorite .... that would be the Public Lecture/Watchtower Study. I hated giving up the time on weekends after working all week.

• chickpea
    chickpea

the tues night TMS/SM combo..... had 4 kids out late and school considerations..... had me running around like a fool trying to get it done.......

next hated were sunday mornings

book studies were ok because we had them in our home for over 10 years..... pretty convenient and everyone was gone in time for ER.... and if a younger kid fell asleep i didnt have to carry them to the car!!!

• megaflower
    megaflower

The WT study, so boring. I hated weekend, could never catch a break. Saturdays up early to meet out in field circus followed by another meeting the following morning. It was esp bad during football season afterall what is more important, hmmmm Football. I missed alot of meeting from sept-jan.

• sacrebleu
    sacrebleu

ScoobySnax,

I also miss that ONE song. Here I am, Send Me. I can still hear it. I meant it with all my heart and still do. But now I have a better message to share.

I hated the Tuesday night book study even when I was gung-ho for the rest. They were always so convoluted and involved. So many dates to remember. It was like a history class which I hated at school (until I grew up).

But I have good memories of the assemblies, after the sun went down in the evenings, standing to sing and thinking I was with all these people and we all agreed on these important issues. And sorry if I am just too corny, but I loved the dramas. I still like live theatre even if it is just our local amateurs.

sacrebleu

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

I'd have to say all of them as well because I didn't choose this religion I was born into it.

1. I hated Sunday's because we had to get up early, never slept in on weekends ,and had to go back to school the next day. They were boring and repetitive. ( I always wondered what other normal kids got to do, whether it was relax ,or have fun with your buddies. My weekends were always a serious business.

2. I hated Thursdays, because I was given talks to prepare, when I had homework, and it was always the same old shit.

3. I hated Tuesdays for many reasons. The bookstudy was at our house, and we had to be examples for everyone. House always had to be spotless. Further, those were not studies they were robotic responses to spoon fed answers, that did not require thinking or questioning, just acceptance.( In my case when I got the boot, they moved it from our house, to insult our family. Then years later I had dug a basement by hand, and refinished the entire basment like a theatre with rows of airplane seats. Then they moved the study back in to insult me!

4. I hated ass emblies because they were dreadfully boring and what I considered to be a major inconvenience.

I wish the witnesses never existed. I never asked for it, or chose it as my religion. It was shoved down my throat and there was never any love or consideration for what I wanted, or thought about life.

• brinjen
    brinjen

Does it have to be just one? Bookstudy was horrible, mine was in Elder Hard***'s house, which made it even worse. Thursday nights, ran too long, so did Sundays. All up, I'd have to say the Sunday meeting, had to get up early and then sit there for two hours and try not to go to sleep, listening to the speaker drone on and on and on...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit