Which meeting did you hate the most?

by lfcviking 31 Replies latest jw friends

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

For me it was the Tuesday night Book Study. I didn't like reading, opening/closing with prayers and the uncomfortable, close, claustrophobic setting it was in. This meeting was the first one to be binned when i started to fade.

Anyone else?........

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

WT - always been the WT - never was keen on scripted answers - though a boring speaker made the PT miserable. Now with 30 minute Public Talks much more bearable - so hands down the WT

• sacolton
    sacolton

All of them.

Mumbo jumbo talk of things that weren't true. 3-day assemblies were the worst. I dreaded those.

Yeah, those WT talks were incredibly dull with scripted questions and answers. A really lame

way to induce brain-washing.

Paragraph 1:

Jehovah's Witnesses are led by a Governing Body located at the Watchtower headquarters. The Watchtower Society was incorporated as Zion’s Watch Tower Tract Society in 1884. Its directors served as the central Governing Body overseeing their preaching work. This initial Governing Body was composed of five men and two women.

Paragraph 2:

The Governing Body, through the departments of its various legal organizations, directs the operation of the 112 branches throughout the world.Members volunteer to operate these facilities. Each branch assigns circuit overseers who travel among various congregations, spending a week with each. Within each local congregation, elders assigned by the branch organize the congregation's public ministry and schedule various speakers for congregational teaching.

Question 1: What organization does Jehovah God love because it's just so cool?

Question 2: What awesome group of old farts leads the blind sheep to believe their lies?

I took the liberty to highlight the answers. Wow! I feel so smart!

• willdabeerman
    willdabeerman

Thursday night service meeting and school. Nothing like working 8-12 hours and having to haul ass home, shower,change,most times not even eat, then go to a meeting until 10 o clock. Then get home eat something go to sleep and trudge through friday at work starting at 5am ,working on 4 or sometimes 5 hours of sleep.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

The Sunday meeting. I hated it.

• noni1974
    noni1974

I hated all of them but in particular I hated the thursday night meetings.My family didn't really go to the bookstudy much once a month if that.So the theocratic ministry school was hard for me to sit through after having gone to school all day then came home and cooked and got ready to go.I never got my homework done on thursdays.

Sunday meeting were better.I liked the public talk but hated the watchtower study.Talk about boring.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

I actually liked the Thursday night theocratic Ministry School and Service meeting. Prolly coz it kept it moving quickly and had different speakers. And sometimes I'd be interested. I do remember as a kid hoping the Watchtower study on sundays only had 19 paragraphs instead of 22.......LOL

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

And I actually loved the Kingdom songs and singing. Here I am Send Me. And I just thought of one I loved called "I want to"

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Geeze do I have to pick just ONE?? Thursday for me too. Long day at work, good show's on TV that night.

BB

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

Thursday night....always missed Friends and Seinfeld.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit