Should I send a letter to the CO?

by Sirona 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Sirona
    Sirona

Hi All

Thanks for the advice!

The thing that is pushing me to send this letter is that if this was any other church I would not hesitate to send it. I am angry that a church leader can have a negative effect on my family life over a newspaper article! What is more, I dont like the idea that he could be going round to lots of congregations and saying the same thing to them. These people are in positions of authority, and the R&F are too scared to make their views known.

Despite wanting to take a stand on this, I dont want to upset my mum. I also dont want to push them into taking action against me. Thats where the problem is.

I am considering sending the letter, but leaving it another couple of months before I do. There are a few things happening that I dont want disrupted by this, but when I feel ready to deal with any backlash I think I will send it.

JT, thanks for the warnings. I understand that they may try and DF me, yet I suppose Im one of those people who doesnt want to let them have such power over me. What I mean is, over the next few years I will have to bite my tongue and be careful what I say, and why should I? That means that they are winning and keeping me where they want me even though I dont attend. Ok, DFing me might be what they want too, I realise that.

Thanks SixofNine its a good idea to get rid of the "I feel". Thanks everyone else for your comments. Im considering waiting for the next CO visit and sending it then (to the congregation for the CO's attention). I expect that the "sting" will have gone out of the UN issue for the JWs by then, yet my message will still come across. Maybe this will mean that my message doesnt pack as much 'punch' but it will still serve to show him that he cant just say whatever he wants without there being consequences to those around him.

Sirona

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit