That evil feeling of satisfaction.........................

by Warlock 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

I personally do believe in Karma for a certainty.

Although wait a minute....when you think about it - it doesn't always work either, does it?

Oh crap, I want to believe in SOMETHING!

The Oracle

PS: good post warlock...you are right - it is evil to feel satisfaction over another's misfortune - although our internal sense of justice nods its approval when anyone who does wrong gets punished or even suffers a coincidental misfortune of sorts. It think it all depends on the severity of the wrong and the severity of the unfortunate thing that happened to them. I guess that is what justice is all about.

• lesterd
    lesterd

Justice bring satisfaction

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Mary, you have a new fan. You have the most wicked sense of humor and sharp tongue. I just love your point of view. yet, when I express the same sentiments, I come off being mean. How do you do it?

• wings
    wings
    Oh crap, I want to believe in SOMETHING!

How about Murphy's Law. That usually works for me.

Mary, you have a new fan. You have the most wicked sense of humor and sharp tongue. I just love your point of view. yet, when I express the same sentiments, I come off being mean. How do you do it?

I agree. Mary you are something special.

• loosie
    loosie

I understand where you coming from Warlock.

I eloped. Not because I had to but because I wanted less drama and I wanted to be married. Well Bro PO thought I was PG when I eloped. He wasn't very good at math. I had my baby exactly 12 months after I said I do. He advised no one to go to my baby shower because of the questionible circumstances. most from my new congo still showed up anyway, none from my old congo.

Now his daughter was a perfect angel or so daddy thought. As soon as she could move out she did. She moved in with a couple of DF'd sisters. She then proceeded to sleep with anyone she could find.

poetic justice if you ask me.

• wednesday
    wednesday

The point is- I did not wish for the holier than thou elder to be disgraced. It is more or less as others say-karma. He's an jerk and it was bound to happen. It disgraced him that his daughter moved in with a boy. I could have cared less- that is his own petty morality, but it was nice to see him embarrassed. it did not help him- he felt angry at all the sinners who may have enticed his dear daughter. sigh

• Warlock
    Warlock

When the WTS got exposed for covering up pedophiles, when they get bad press when a member dies due to the 'no blood' doctrine, and when they were exposed as hypocrites for belonging to the UN for a 'library card', did I get that 'evil feeling of satisfaction'? You darn right I did. After being the pompous, self-righteous assholes that they are, looking down their snoot at the rest of the world for over a hundred years, it felt good to see their hypocritical nature exposed for all the world to see.

Mary, Mary.

Beautiful in appearance, but DEADLY with words.

That's why I'm always chasing you around.

Warlock

• wednesday
    wednesday
    poetic justice if you ask me

yes loosie

so true, short and sweet and to the point.

• Warlock
    Warlock
    I think that you are a little smug, petty and self righteous. Of course, this is a normal, human thing to feel after people who have already proven themselves to be those self same things are brought down.

So, send me a box of chocolates.

Warlock

• Hermano
    Hermano

I know what you mean... I grew up being badgered about how I should be like this other brother who appeared to be the perfect role model. Everything he did right was shoved down my throat.

Fast forward 15 years or so and Brother Perfect ends up disfellowshipped. He had an affair and left his wife with two kids. I feel about about the situation, but yeah, I got some evil satisfaction.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit