That evil feeling of satisfaction.........................

by Warlock 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• Warlock
    Warlock

I knew a brother who was an MS. His father was an elder in a neighboring congregation, a "rich" congregation. His chest was always puffing out because of this. Of course, he would only engage in conversation with those who were also of "the privileged class". He was married. He and his wife had a child while they were in our congregation.

One day, one of my family members came home from work stating that this MS's wife and child had come into the store where she was working at the time, only, she was no longer his wife. They had divorced. He had been the offender and was now df'ed.

That evil feeling of satisfaction came up into my heart. I was glad then, and I'm glad now.

I knew another brother who was an elder. Once, he made one of my friends cry because he was angry that his daughter had been invited to a small gathering for her daughter and,(gasp) two "worldly" kids were also invited. He didn't want HIS kids associating with "worldly" kids. Eventually, he, and his family moved out of state.

One day, his wife came to visit our congregation with their two kids, now teenagers, but without her husband. I was told the daughter had tattoos and piercings. They had divorced and he had been the offender. I figured it must of been all that international travelling he had to do on his job.

That evil feeling of satisfaction came up into my heart...............again.

Another MS who was in our congregation counseled me once about the way I had talked to his wife when she had come to get some literature from the literature room. That was simply not true. I NEVER spoke to her in anyway that was other than respectful. They had a daughter that was always the example of perfection. Pioneered with her mom and the whole bit. They also moved out of state.

One day, they came back to visit our congregation, still married. Their daughter was now a teenager, full of tatoos and body piercings. Funny how people like this always have something negative to say about the behavior of other children in the congregation, how they are being brought up and all, and then they have the nerve to show up with their result. Then, it's silence.

Oh, that evil feeling of satisfaction.

Warlock

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Or the sadder other thing can happen. My kids were little sweeties. And when we went to the hall, in our last congregation, they were basically treated like they had leprosy. The other kids were all doing things they shouldn't. But all of them are grown up, good little dubs now. My kids? They were so heart broken, they got into all kinds of trouble. But at least none of us are JW's now. Something good came from it, I guess.

• Warlock
    Warlock

fhn,

My point is, in these three cases, those who were the most judgemental suffered more, than those who were more empathetic.

Warlock

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I see your point, I'm just saying that we were down to earth. Our kids were cute, bright and down to earth. Never good enough for the stuck up snots in the congo. My daughter would come home in tears and tell me she didn't understand why the girls treated her like they did. Carrie was very pretty, but not your blonde blue eyed type. And the girls were doing things like trying to get her to fool around with them. Singing along with Prince's song Creme and acting out sexual things in front of the JW boys. Carrie was too shy for all that. And the boys tended to like her for that reason. So the other girls, elder's daughters, were very cruel to Carrie. Those little brats all grew up without getting in trouble and they married well in the org. Their lives seem to be going well. My daughter, well, she is very fragile these days. Her upbringing didn't do much to make her strong.

• wednesday
    wednesday

My kids told me the elders kids were among the foremost party animals.

so much for all being equal in jw loving org.

money talks everything else walks.

rich kids buy drugs, poor kids steal them.

yes warlock- i did have a bit of satisfaction seeing one daughter of an loud mouth, critical , morally superior prominent elder shack up with a boy and flaunt it to the world. ( what now loudmouth?) lol at him.

you can have secrets or you can have kids.

• Warlock
    Warlock
    I see your point, I'm just saying that we were down to earth. Our kids were cute, bright and down to earth.

Your "type" is what we were attracted to, and were truly "good association".

Warlock

• flipper
    flipper

WARLOCK- Great topic ! I'm a firm believer in what comes around goes around. Karma and all that. It may take awhile ; but the way we treat people will come back to bite us in the proverbial a$$ every time bro ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I say never speak to soon you never know when it will come back to bite you in the a$$.

And when we went to the hall, in our last congregation, they were basically treated like they had leprosy

My kids always got the short end of the stick too at the KH. I know they do go around to other parents and warn about certain kids as being bad association. Some of it it made up bull

by little informants.

Hope4Others

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I understand your post, Warlock. There is something very satisfying when you see someone who richly deserves it get his due. You wonder if any of them have the humility to be sorry for the way they treated others, once they go through some tragedy themselves.

FHN, I am so sorry about your kids. My sisters and I were treated the same way, too poor, too needy to count. Rejection was our middle name. I never wanted to have children because I never wanted to watch a little kid suffer like we did. I still feel that way. It's incredibly painful to watch little children suffer.

There was no love in the congregation.

• Jringe01
    Jringe01

I too see your point Warlock and have seen this play out in my old cong. One elder who had been an elder like...forever and was supposedly well respected and whose family was amongst the most prominent and oldest in the province (or so it was said) was forced out because of his behaviour. Another one who was appointed while I was there was also removed before I left. He could be a little Napoleonic at times...had the height for it too and the deflated look was somethig to behold even though he tried to cover it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit