BECOME A JW AND YOU CANT

by Velvetann 34 Replies latest jw friends

• megaflower
    megaflower

ENYOY SEX!!!!! the society says it is only for the purpose of procreation. Why can't it just be fun?

• cognac
    cognac

Speaking of things you can't do...

If you have a lawsuit against another JW, can you have extra priviledges like being an elder, pioneer, etc?

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

You can't wear shorts to a quick build. I was told to put on long pants or leave. And I was only visiting the site!

NMG

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

you can't:

exercise your own common sense,

learn to say 'no',

pursue anything that gives you self-worth,

all this but they have no rules about not eating mashed potatoes with your hands, you can do this as a jw. GO figure.

• Gotchaby
    Gotchaby

ENYOY SEX!!!!! the society says it is only for the purpose of procreation. Why can't it just be fun?

Actually, the sexual act, by its nature, is funny. So, adding to the list:

Be funny

alt

• undercover
    undercover

A lot of the things on this list, along with things we remember as "not being allowed to do" are not officially forbidden. It's not like this list exists at headquarters or anything.

What happens in a lot of instances is that the pressure to conform to the group standards causes people to overreact to certain situations. In time, these opinions become accepted by some in power (elders) and they in turn pressure the remaining ones to fall in line with the more strict thinking instead of relying on one's own reasoning ability. Watching certain movies or owning toys like Smurf dolls is an example of this.

In other cases, the pressure comes from all the way at the top. While certain things are considered forbidden...just ask an average JW and they'll say that they don't do such-and-such...its not specifically written anywhere that there is a rule against it. But when the traveling overseers are sent out, they are sent out with instructions to encourage the group to follow the party line. So the "rule" becomes a word of mouth declaration, but with nothing in writing to back it up. That way, the Society can claim that JWs follow their conscience and that they were not told they couldn't do something. Voting and joining the army are a couple of examples of this.

Basically, its one giant guilt trip to fall in line to the group think that the Society has instituted. Anyone who is able to break free from this pressure for just a bit can see the manipulation. But the second tool the Society uses then kicks in. Fear. People are afraid to think for themselves. They're afraid of being disloyal or becoming apostate or dying at Armageddon.

Guilt and fear...its what keeps the Society going.

• Velvetann
    Velvetann
    You can't wear shorts to a quick build. I was told to put on long pants or leave. And I was only visiting the site!

You aren't kidding right???? They make up rules like this.

Remember that scripture in Acts 15:28,29? I thought that was what knowing the truth was all about and how we aren't supposed to be burdened down with unnecessary things.

I just went and dug out my bible, unfortunately the NWT. I haven't opened this thing in over 20 years, but I just had to quote it right.

"For the holy spirit and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to you, except these necessary things. To keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idold and from blood and from things trangled and from fornication.. If you carefully keep yourselves from these thing you will prosper. Good Health to you."

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

OOPS I did some typos here is the scripture quote again

"For the holy spirit and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to you, except these necessary things. To keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled and from fornication.. If you carefully keep yourselves from these thinga you will prosper. Good Health to you."

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

For the sake of accuracy again!

The Society does not say that sex is only for procreation.

So have at it baby!!!

P.S. Sex is just with your spouse and remember... no licky or sucky the sweaty areas!!!

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

Seriously though does the society "Watchtower" really say in actual words that you can't have oral sex. I have been out for 25 years so haven't read anything recently. My Mom had every publication back to 1953 but I threw them all out in the garbage when she died. Now I wish I had them for reference

no licky or sucky the sweaty areas!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit