My brother being kicked out of Bethel

by observador 19 Replies latest social current

• observador
    observador

One more sad story about someone beyond their good age being kicked out of Bethel.

I have been informed that starting in March, he will be reassigned to the wonderful privilege of working as a Pioneer in a distant rural area congregation.

My brother, 41, knows nothing but Bethel life. He has no professional training whatsoever, and was even given the choice of being kicked out empty-handed like he came to the world or being kicked with the wonderful privilege of being reassigned as a pionner, what a blessing! He chose the latter.

Looks like bethel everywhere is going through a hard time. Brazil is one of those countries where publications has been given to the public on a donation basis since 2000. He was, actually, transferred from Sao Paulo's bethel branch (farm) to a much smaller office in the city a few years ago. Only recently he got the news of the second phase of his a$$ kicking.

Now, I'm telling you, He isn't the type of guy who enjoys the "spiritual service", I can tell you that. He was in Bethel for the status that confers to a die hard JW. So, it remains to be seen how he's gonna adapt to the new life.

It's amazing to see the state of the organization in many countries. How could an organization that was vibrant, sporting high growth rates, making spectacular claims, being reduced to a laying off type of organization that has shifted to survival mode.

Stay tuned for more details when they become available.

Observador.

• Gopher
    Gopher

In my JW days it frequently happened that people who left Bethel would mysteriously drop out of the JW's. I don't know if anything like that is brewing in your brother's mind, but it's not impossible.

• Layla33
    Layla33

Now you won't have a hard time explaining the worthless ideology of the "organization" or the long term help it actually does NOT provide.

No training, no savings because you were paid slave labor, and now at 41 you have to start all over. At least he can start over, that's the only good part.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    My brother, 41, knows nothing but Bethel life.

This issue hit me harder than most others, although I am not affected personally.
    These are the same people that say that family comes first, before congregation responsibility
    and before staying at Bethel or in the circuit work. You must care for your family, and if aged
    family needs you, you should leave an assignment to care for them.

But when it comes to the Bethel "family," it's a matter of convenience. Your brother knows nothing
    but Bethel. That means the young years, when a person establishes himself somehow in the work
    place, were spent at Bethel. He expected to make that his "career." Instead of starting at the
    bottom on a job and working his way up to a decent living, or going to college, he trusted them.
    They screwed him over. Starting at the bottom without college in your 40's- that's not impossible,
    but it wasn't in his plans.

Further screwing him, they give him the choice of nothing or assignment as a pioneer. Tell him he's
    better off with NOTHING, at least he won't have an hourly restriction on making a living. OR even
    better, just take their assignment, cheat on his hours, get a job. Screw them back.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

There certainly are some definite changes going on in Brooklyn, with buildings be sold, operations moved to different locations, many Bethelites being told that they are not needed

anymore and given a handshake good-bye. Its obvious that there is some downsizing going on.

For what particular reason is all of this happening brings out a lot of speculation and guess work.

Are they just trying to make their operations more efficient monetarily, perhaps taking advantage of the enormous value of their realistate properties in Brooklyn

to only build newer and better facilities, therefore not needing as many of slaves as before.

Curious minds would like to know ?

• blondie
    blondie

Can he expect any financial help from his family....money, a job, a place to live, etc?

• anewme
    anewme

He should view getting kicked out of Bethel the best thing to happen to him!
    He should go out there and get himself a full time job, with benefits, vacation etc.
    He should integrate with society. They will find him to be a very sweet lovable oddball.

Really, encourage him to seek full time employment somewhere.

Working in the world opened my eyes to how wonderful people outside of the JWs really are.
    They are caring, conscience using, trustworthy, colorful people with a sense of humor and healthy sexuality.

The jws had me so brainwashed somehow I thought full time employment was awful, when in fact it is great!
    No more worrying about making the rent or paying for medical bills or putting gas in my car.

Duh, a full time job is a wonderful thing!!!!

He doesnt need special training, although he could get some through his local community college like I am doing now. One day a week I go to the junior college. By December I will receive a certificate to practice in the medical field.

I left the cult at nearly 50 and am enjoying a whole new life.

I hope he keeps walking........away from Bethel and clear out of the jw cult where he has wasted so much of his life!

Best wishes to your brother,

Anewme

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Are they just trying to make their operations more efficient monetarily, perhaps taking advantage of the enormous value of their realistate properties in Brooklyn

to only build newer and better facilities, therefore not needing as many of slaves as before.

There is that factor. But they also don't need as many slaves because they are not printing
    as much stuff, since donations are down.

But, even more important- these Bethelites will start to cost them more money in healthcare,
    and they are concerned that New York (and other local or federal governments) will consider
    long-time Bethelites as "employees" when they can no longer do their job because of some
    injuries or work conditions. The healthcare costs and the Worker's Compensation for the
    slaves is a considerable amount of money. It's cheaper to fool more young people into not
    worrying about THEIR future because Armageddon is sooooooooooooo close now. Get rid
    of tons of Bethelites that didn't climb the ladder. If you need more later, look for young
    people.

Basically, they violate human rights and screw over their own "family."

• ramtrucker
    ramtrucker

Early this week I called my sister who is a good JW, living in the Portland, OR area.

During the call she told me that the congregation she and her husband attends just got a new C.O. Turns out he was let go from the printing plant and made C.O. She went on to tell me that approximately six new Kingdom Halls are being built daily which require a lot of C.O.s

I asked her, rather told her that the numbers I'm seeing for the U.S. population of JWs was going down, not up, and she told me it was the worldwide numbers that were going up at such an astonishing rate.

Without seeing the latest numbers from the Yearbook, I'm left in the dark as to the accuracy of her comments about growth rates.

• ramtrucker
    ramtrucker

During that same conversation with my sis, she told me the pioneers in her area are having difficulties finding anyone at home, what with both husband and wife having to work out of the home these days to earn a living for their families.

So they write the addresses down of the "not at homes", give them to my sister and she composes letters to those "not at homes". (My sister is somewhat disabled)

I didn't inquire as to how the letters get to the not at home people. Nor did I ask how or if she counts the time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit