Fruits of the JW's

by searcher 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• searcher
    searcher

I was talking with an elder and I asked him "how can I be sure that the organisation speaks for Jehovah?"

He answered with "By their fruits you will know them".

Let us explore some of those 'fruits'

JW's will not fight in a war but have no objection to paying taxes toward financing a war.

JW's are anti smoking 'because it is not looking after the body', but have no objections to alcohol, obesity, driving around the territory in a car etc.

JW's 'preach the good news in all the world' yet most of them just go round and around the same old territory, How many of them are up the Amazon and other like places?

I did not realise 'fruits' was spelled.................H Y P O C R A C Y.

• heathen
    heathen

Well gee I don't think there's much a choice to paying taxes , you do have a choice whether you go and kill people over politics .In some countries they aren't nice about taking no for an answer on that one either. Smoking was started by pagans for religious worship but alcohol has always been around , obesity of course not healthy is a matter of "conscience" I guess on that one . I've known allot of heavy weights but none so large they couldn't walk or bathe or make meetings . I don't know about the preaching all the world thing as far as whether they have physically reached the entire planet , they do not expect to make a visit to every house on the planet but apparently have tried to reach the leaders of countries .

• searcher
    searcher

So its not necessary to 'make a stand for Jehovah?'

Thats convenient.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

In my former congregation, there were two people that were big fat tubs of lard. I am defining a big fat tub of lard as someone that, despite having no disability aside laziness, are too fat to sit in a standard chair. Both were always fat and lazy when it came to physical exercise, but neither has had any problem getting hounded about it. In fact, one of them was a regular pioneer at one time.

I have also noticed lots of other problems. During the early/mid 1990s, I noticed an air of stagnation. There were people out in field circus that would always have to know where everyone was at all times, and would be picky in keeping petty rules. Things were stale--I always had to work with the same person in field circus every time. That creates the fruit of stagnation.

And, it is going to get worse. College was banned last summer. Fun and relaxation are severely limited this summer (wait until they study the Kool-Aid and have it rehashed at the Grand Boasting Sessions). Sex is going to be regulated even more (staying single, leading to having no reason to even stay in that religion, is harped on in the same Kool-Aid, different study article). Getting and keeping full time jobs are also frowned on, and could soon be banned. Which will lead to stagnation, poverty, and a blah atmosphere.

From what I have learned on apostate Web sites, and more so when it came on mainstream NBC News, there is a whopper of a pedophile problem in the witless organization. They pay the courts to silence the victims and protect the molesters. The two-witness rule means that, unless someone else sees them doing it, they are "innocent" and will remain in good standing. The perpetrator attacks other victims, usually initiating threat of dying at Armageddon to coerce a consent, and the victims are silenced.

Their other fruits include poor health (inadequate sleep, a wretched diet, and stress), abuse of all kinds, excessive rules, wasted gas and pollution, and impoverishment of society. This is not what I call good fruitages. People are defrauded to join and coerced to stay, and then they start losing the good. They stagnate, and become sick and poor. Which is not what I call the "good fruitages" they are supposed to be bearing.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Good Fruitage.??...The unbiblical practice of DFing. Is this Loving? When you break down the family unit and throw them against each other, is this a fruitage of the spirit? With the one phrase..."So and so is no longer one of jw's, ", an instant wall is thrown up and all all the good things that that person did are wiped clear out of people's minds.

Just the appearance of impropriety can get you thrown into a Jc with nothing to defend yourself against pea brained, narrow minded self serving hit men. Arm them with a copy of the Wt and thier shepard's book and you will find alot of loving fruitage. They will tell you before hand that they wish to ASSIST you with your PROBLEM....BEWARE!!! They'll give you loving fruitage right out the back door.

Been there....done that..... I have the scars to prove it

NMG

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

By their fruits you will know them - **i'm shaking my head** reminds me of my JC meeting.

Gal 5: 22 - Love, Joy, Peace, patience, goodness, kindness, faithfulness, gentleness & self control (NIV)

it is very sad that the majority of witnesses do not practise these even amongst their fellow brothers. What I have seen there is very little genuine love for one another.

When I mentioned the scripture that speaks about LOVE being the sign by which you will know Christs followers, my elders swept that aside and mentioned it's the fact that we are different, that we are neutral in our stand. I knew then my time was up and it was time to go.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy
    obesity of course not healthy is a matter of "conscience" I guess on that one . I've known allot of heavy weights but none so large they couldn't walk or bathe or make meetings .

There are so many schools of thought on what being fat is, what being obese is, and what a tub of lard is. I know a very spiritual jw who has overcome so many problems in his life. He had a severely retarded and disabled daughter, he floated from job to job, lived in poverty, and did everything for his God and his family. He also happened to be sort of a fat guy. He was very well trained in teaching and in fact had been an elder for many years and had been giving talks and even emceeing the circuit and district assemblies now and then. Then comes in brother megadeath. He was Mega, the co from hell. This bully went into that cong and told this guy that he was too fat to be representing Jah and would lose 75 pouinds immediately or else he would lose his position. He had one year of very limited priveleges to lose the weight or lose the job altogether. He lost the weight. He also looked like crap. His health failed him and he became very depressed and sicker and sicker. This pipsqueak Mega visited our cong next. I never wanted to be an elder, or a ms for that matter. So my name was never on his to-do list. But he came up to me and told me he was a tailor in Brooklyn, NY before becoming a jw and he knew I wore a size 52 suit just by how it hung on me. I told him he was right. He said, when I come back next time I want to see you in a 46. I laughed and told him to worry about his receding hairline and I would worry about my gut......

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Aside the sort of extreme obesity that is a result of blatant gluttony or laziness, it is not the sort of thing that should cause someone to lose "privileges". Obviously, someone that needs to lose more than 200 pounds, the weight is hampering them from getting around, and is a threat to health needs to lose weight (and probably get some major cleanses done to facilitate the process).

However, the sort of person that only needs to lose 75 pounds is not the sort of person that needs to be harassed by the hounders. If the person has always been at or near that weight, and is quite physically active, then chances are that nothing really needs to be done about it. And especially if the person is fat (relatively), otherwise healthy, and happy about it. Threatening someone with loss of assignments because they are modestly obese is not called for, and could well threaten them with not being able to find anyone. Since obesity is becoming the rule in this country rather than the exception, they need to stop hounding those who have a few pounds to lose.

If this is how they treat people for being a little chubby, then maybe they should just walk out. Or, perhaps the deal is that they will start walking a whole hour a day in lieu of field circus, until the 75 pounds is gone. That is the best way to lose weight, and going from door to door does not count because there are too many stops (you need to walk at a brisk pace, nonstop, for best effects). If more chubby people that are ordered to lose weight were to do that, then maybe there would be fewer complaints about moderately obese people getting assignments. And, if that hour coincides with a boasting session, then the boasting session will be skipped for the walk.

As for those with a huge weight problem, it is only a spirituality issue if the problem is due to gross gluttony or severe laziness. If the person starts with a moderate problem, diets, and screws their metabolism up, then it will become a huge problem. The only hope for those people is to walk as best they can for an hour a day, at the briskest pace they can comfortably sustain, every day even if it means skipping boasting sessions. Cleanses will also help by removing the poisons that may be contributing to the disorder. If it is blatant laziness or gluttony, then and only then do they have a spiritual problem that is scripturally counselable.

• megaflower
    megaflower

??? What happens when fruit rots= Fruit Flies=Watchtower Org

• The Last Nephilim
    The Last Nephilim

Fruits of JWs?
    How about families destroyed by unloving disfellowshipping practices?
    How about completely draining every working person's second with constant meetings and service and personal study, etc...?
    How about placing guilt on someone for not being a "Super Witness"???

Just to name a few...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit