How many of you feel you have had more material success AFTER leaving JW

by BBOARD 13 Replies latest jw friends

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

We are much better off. When my husband left he started driving buses for musicians and bands. That is great money, but he was gone alot. He now runs the bus company he drove for and earns more than he did driving. We also have company health insurance instead of getting our own. We live in a house we designed and had built, instead of the mobile home we were in. Of course, we all sacrifice alot because he is still gone alot. And he does go out of town to visit his tours. But all in all, we are much better materially.

momz

• AlyMC
    AlyMC

you know, this is one thing that is really weird to me. My husband and I don't really feel a strong desire to be rich, we'd rather work less hours and have more fun than work harder to acquire more.

We left the JW religion shortly after my DH finished at university. So, we weren't financially affluent through college on my salary alone. I felt such a pressure to acquire and have nicer things as a JW, and really both DH and I felt we had something to prove. We tried so hard to keep up, when we really should have just embraced the student life.

Since leaving we live more comfortably simply because he is out of school and I do something I love with a passion, so in that sense we are more financially rewarded now than we were as witnesses. But we no longer feel pressure to acquire and appear wealthy like we did as JW's. Which goes against what you'd think, but it was very much our experience.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy
    My whole life has changed for the better.

I am glad for you, Lou!

Nope im a ski bum...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit