How many of you feel you have had more material success AFTER leaving JW

by BBOARD 13 Replies latest jw friends

• BBOARD
    BBOARD

How many of us since either mentally or physically leaving the Witnesses have had more material success ... or any other kind of success that needed time ... the kind that was given back to you when you stopped attending JW meetings.

You see my mother has come down with a little flu over the past two weekends and this has in proxy allowed me to miss, already, 2 Thursday /Saturday (Book Study & Field Service)/ and Sunday meeting.

In just these two short weeks I have had more time to go online and run my half.com small-time book business, study more for those tests, and live fun.

... and YES my email box is already filling up with the "where are you" letters ... but only from those in the hall that know how to use the computer.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I still have the same job, so my salary is only a bit better than it was 4 years ago. I still have more materially. I never donated money to the JWs, but there was still a cost associated with it. I no longer wear suits and ties 4 times a week, so my good clothes don't wear out so fast. I'm not running my vehicle into the ground like I was before with the constant driving around in serviceā„¢. I use about 1/4 of the gas I used before. I don't go out to restaurants and donut shops on an almost daily basis like I did as a JW.

At the end of the month I now have money to buy things for myself, as well as put some into savings.

W

• snowbird
    snowbird

I've saved a bunch on gas and other wear and tear on my old car since I quit meetings and FS.

Also, I don't turn down overtime anymore!

Sylvia

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

I'm richer now Satan blesses me. ;)

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Dude, since leaving I have gone back to school and after that have found a job where I sit on my Ass all day on Post on this site....I could not be happier with my careeer and my house is paid off due to good investments and hard work.

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

much more material success since leaving. I started investing much more (having a bit of success in that); since I don't build kingdom halls anymore, I have more time to work overtime and even relax when I don't want to work the OT; since I stopped contributing, I have more money in my pocket (I do contribute more to outside charities more now.

But best of all, I just feel happier since I left and can engage in hobbies, finish my college degree, and pretty much develop natural talents.

Note: one thing that has helped me tremendously socially is attending meetup groups on meetup.com. I belong to a lot of social groups and met a lot of interesting people. I really recommend everyone try it... it is also free.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Well, We'll have to see. I am back in school right now going after an IT degree. I am also in line for ajob with the Dept of Homeland Security.....I can't imaging I will be worse off financially by this time next year!!

• zagor
    zagor

It depends really, I know of many dubs who own businesses. For me personally opposite was the case. Two years after leaving and while still at university I started computer consulting company with a friend. Last year I sold him my share in it as my interests were elsewhere. But just last week I've opened another technology company doing something I'm really passionate about. Now would I have been able to do it while in? Absolutely not!
    I'm not type of a person who can do anything half-heartedly. I'm either 100% committed to something or it isn't for me. Which now makes me think that many of those who are elders and have businesses have either learned to multitask (unlikely for men) or only have facade of religious devotion which they usually use for networking among 6 million of potential customers while their real devotion is their business.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

My whole life has changed for the better. Mentally, physically, materially, spiritually. I don't have the same views on the mentioned things as I did before - and since dealing with my past issues, making peace with it - I've reaped an abundance all round.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Now that I no longer have suit dry cleaning expenses, donations toward the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund, or other expenses related to the kingdumb, I am able to afford to buy all those Christmas decorations to replace the ones I had to throw away when I became a witless. And I bought a computer. Thus, expenses just about even out.

However, I find I have more time now. I used to have to go to boasting sessions on my days off, and then they would expect me out in field circus the next morning (they knew I had that evening off). That could kill a perfectly good evening. Now that I haven't been to a boasting session since 2005, I find I have more time after work and do not worry about getting my obligatory hour of field circus for the month.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit