Long Time Lurker....Posting 1st time..Thank you....

by 1144 13 Replies latest jw friends

olah....
    This is my story if you care to read... Thank You.....All Make my long story short.
    Ive always been a beer drinking pot smoking fool...W/occasional trip or 10..
    who enjoyed a spiritual side..so i really did like what the Jduds had to say..
    (that whole peace love & understanding B.S)
    So I was baptized in 97...Never stop smoking the herb..or drinking the yeast
    But was told by an Elder i was studing w/thats ok..Cuz holy spirit would come over me
    and all those inclination would aside...well needless to say he lied..never went to the hall after bap
    i was stoned at my bap....and was for 10 years after..so 10 years later i thought i would give it another try
    went to meetings 3 months...they told me i was prodigal son & that my bap did not count...study i would be rebapt
    Heres..kicker...I quit the herb & moved to the mountains went to meetings 2 months and was dfed..they told me there
    was a new light and there is NO PRODIGAL SON...once baptised ..so thats my story..sorry for the spelling..hope not to choppy
    thats the A.D.D... (i think)
    Whats the matter w/PEACE LOVE & UNDERSTANDING
    Much luv
    P.S. Oh yea...the question...is it true there are nomore prodigal sons..... Thanx

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Welcome!

Why were you DF'd? If you quit smoking and repented, what is their excuse? What did they say re: the Prodigal son?

I wish you well, and hope we see you some more here.

Shelly

• yumbby
    yumbby

I"ve never heard of this "prodigal son" in this context. You can't be baptized twice to my understanding. I remember a talk at a District Convention saying some wanted to get rebaptized after disfellowshipping and it was not to be done..... I dont' know.

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

Welcome to the board!

yumbby, yes there has been cases of people being baptized twice. Merfi is one of them.

• willdabeerman
    willdabeerman

Never heard of this contextual use regarding the 'Prodigal Son' either. Still, welcome.

• brinjen
    brinjen

Wow. What a prick of an elder. I wasn't aware they could do that either, though I don't doubt it, there's some pretty cruel, unforgiving elders out there.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Hello

• cognac
    cognac

maybe you got an apostate elder who broke the rules so you could get away with not getting d'f... lol

welcome!!!

• tooktheredpill
    tooktheredpill

Welcome!!!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I"ve never heard of this "prodigal son" in this context. You can't be baptized twice to my understanding. I remember a talk at a District Convention saying some wanted to get rebaptized after disfellowshipping and it was not to be done..... I dont' know.

There was a time when they said there were certain conditions under which your baptism did not count.
    You would have to get rebaptized. The conditions would include his being "stoned" for the first one.

Other conditions would be never going over the long list of questions in the OM book (Now the "Jehovah's Will'
    book). Some could say they didn't understand what they were supposed to do in order to get baptized.
    Giving up smoking dope would be one of those things, other things would involve interfaith or continued
    political involvement- not giving up holidays, still voting, etc.

The problem for our newbie is that this "rebaptism" idea was dying off. He admitted to years of smoking
    dope, so even though cleaned up by the time, the elders felt that years of debauchery demanded a DF, then
    he could get reinstated instead of rebaptized. That makes him even more obedient and indoctrinated into the
    cult. I am happy you didn't bother.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit