PS3 or Xbox 360

by 5go 30 Replies latest social entertainment

• 5go
    5go
    I think Sony hurt themselves by making the PS3 so expensive. Sure the price dropped $100, but it started out at $600!

Yeah and they still lose hundreds on the deal. When I heard Sony was doing this I thought SEGA SATURN. Good system but Sega lost a bunch of money and set them up to fail with what really is the best sleeper system out there Dreamcast. I think Sony is going the same route they may put out one more console but the aura of PS3 will kill it before it has a chance.

• The Last Nephilim
    The Last Nephilim

Between those two, I'd say PS3, for these reasons:
    1. Waaaay better looking graphics, in my opinion.
    2. Blu-Ray
    3. Microsoft is evil, like the WTS
    4. Free online play
    5. Call of Duty 4 is phenomenal!
    6. Microsoft is evil... like the WTS

Having said that, I am still a dedicated PC gaming fan. I'd rather play a PC game any day. It's always a few steps ahead of console games in graphics and tech, you can usually customize the games much more, but it's just more expensive if you want the latest and greatest hardware. I haven't done the figures yet, but I have a theory that if you buy the latest console gaming system and games to go with it, you could have upgraded your PC hardware. I could be wrong, but... well... I just love PC games!

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

I was thinking Okama GameSphere.

And then a PS3 and or a PSP.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Then if you download movies from torrent sites to your computer, you can then pipe them directly to your PS and then play them on your wide screen TV

You can do this on XBox too.

I would like a PS3 to play final fantasy titles. I think thats about it.

• Devilsnok
    Devilsnok
    Then if you download movies from torrent sites to your computer, you can then pipe them directly to your PS and then play them on your wide screen TV

You can do this on XBox too.

But the Xbox doesn't come with built in Wifi, sure you can buy it as an add on or connect it up with a cat cable but having Wifi outta the box is just Nice.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

alt Yep Im old school. I like my cat5

• willdabeerman
    willdabeerman

>>>>Having said that, I am still a dedicated PC gaming fan. I'd rather play a PC game any day. It's always a few steps ahead of console games in graphics and tech, you can usually customize the games much more, but it's just more expensive if you want the latest and greatest hardware. I haven't done the figures yet, but I have a theory that if you buy the latest console gaming system and games to go with it, you could have upgraded your PC hardware. I could be wrong, but... well... I just love PC games!<<<<
    Exactly. That is what I did. I built my PC about 3 months ago. Since I built it myself and bought my own parts, not only did I get exactly what I wanted, I built a machine that is almost future proof. SO when the next console comes out my PC is already speced WAAAAYY beyond it already with just the addition of another video card. Not to mention that a LOT of PC games are cheaper (cough,cough torrent.)

• Bourne
    Bourne

Go with the PS3. I have a 60 GB and a PSP. Together, they can do some amazing things. Plus, it operates on BLU-RAY, which just won the HD format war. I'm 37 and

still amazed at what man has devised.

Bourne

• 5go
    5go
    I like my cat5

I prefer Cat5e Cat6 is a pain to install and make patch cables for or I would be for it instead.

• 5go
    5go

I am going with the PS3. Gundam is on that system.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit