PS3 or Xbox 360

by 5go 30 Replies latest social entertainment

• 5go
    5go

My next system is a Wii.

Though What should I get after it I am getting all three eventually. Some day.

• free2beme
    free2beme

I have a an XBOX 360 and a Wii. I have not decided if I will own a PS3. Here is some points on each

XBOX 360

Good game selection and XBox LIVE is great

Xbox live cost about $49.95 per year.

XBOX is a fast system and easy to store vertical or horizontal

XBOX has a 30% failure rate with the Red Ring of Doom, which is why they extended their 90 warranty to 3 years. (I have four close friends who I play with; including myself, 3 have had this. Mine is gone for repair right now.)

Wireless adapter $99.99

Call of Duty 4, Gears of War, and other great game.

Wii

Great family games

Gets you off your butt to play

Wireless adapter built in

You will want a standard controler with some games and will feel like an old school Cube when using it

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

xbox is the way to go.

• R.F.
    R.F.

PS3!

Built in WiFi

Free online gameplay

Reliable hardware

Sure, there aren't as many games out yet for it as the 360, but it has many great titles out already and many more to come.

• 5go
    5go

My main problem I have with the Xbox is reliability but sadly PS3 isn't coming up with the titles it should have. Ace Combat 6 isn't for PS3 that is so angering me.

• 5go
    5go
    Sure, there aren't as many games out yet for it as the 360, but it has many great titles out already and many more to come.

Maybe not the third party developers are what keeps a console going and they are flocking to Wii and Xbox but still PS3 has some stuff coming but it was supposed to be here already MGS4 and GT5.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I have a PS3 and I'm very happy with it, one very good thing with the PS3 is they play blu-ray movies, which will be the movie standard in the coming years.

It also has a bunch of memory flash drive slots, which you can use to show your pictures from your digital camera and play MP3 files also.

Another cool thing it does is when its hooked up to the inter-net via a net-work cable which connects to your computer, it scans your computer, well actually it scans for servers

and identifies it as such, and then it will play movie files that you have stored in Media's player library.

Or you can use some software like Tversity that will turn your computer into a server for files which the PS will see and then stream to itself

Then if you download movies from torrent sites to your computer, you can then pipe them directly to your PS and then play them on your wide screen TV....cool and very cheap

PS3 is the way to go and they have dropped in price since their introduction

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

PS3, but I don't play it much. Not because its a bad system. Its really cool, but I either don't have the time or don't feel like it.

• yumbby
    yumbby

I have lost many months of my life to big games on xbox like oblivion. I want to marry it. LOL

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

The WII was fun for about 5 minutes. I can't stand the lousy graphics and finiky inaccurate controller. When will Nintendo ever get beyond Mario and the other lame characters they rehash over and over?

XBox 360 has the games. True - the first version of the hardware was unreliable. But the newer hardware has now solved the RROD problem. And they're about to release an even newer version of the hardware that runs even less hot than the current hardware. And with the format war over, a BlueRay xbox (or BlueRay addon) will be available in March.

I don't see the point of paying so much for a PS3 which has a weak game selection compared to the XBox360.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit