How many DF'd and DA'd ex-JWs still believe it's the truth?

by Nellie 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

My dad who was never a jw, tried to get me to promise him I would never become a witness...

Boy could of saved 30 years of being a watchtower slave!!!!

Kids will be kids!

Hope4Others

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

My husband left 8 years ago, but not because of doctrine. He was fed up with the hypocrasy he saw. He still tells me they are the religion who is closest to having the truth. His father left 30+ years ago and he says the same thing. So even now I have to watch my big apostate mouth.

momz

• pratt1
    pratt1

I know many who feel as though the DUBs have the "truth".

Most of them grew up as dubs and they never learned about any other religions.

For the most part, they are still childlike in their fears of learning something new or even speaking bad about the dubs, many are afraid of committing the "unforgivable sin" what ever that is.

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

When I left, I left for various reasons - wasn't fitting in anymore, too stifling for me etc, but for at least the first few years after I left, I believed at least subconsciously that it was me at fault.

In the latter part of the last ten years, I have felt less and less like I was wrong and when I found JWD I realised fully that they were definitly not the "truth"... the fact that they are a mind control cult that is lying and deceiving their followers is so obvious... but even now, I still get little stabs of guilt, every now and then - I guess the stabs are more like pin pricks than knives as time goes on?

• MOG
    MOG

Its hard to move on, because whenever you start to search for a TRUTH, yuo use thier own guidelines of what is truth, until you eradicate that, its hard to actually move on to another truth..

• spiritboi
    spiritboi

I was considered no longer one of jw when I compromised after serving 2 mths in prison and joined the army. It was hell for me in the army as my conscience was forever tormenting me for learning to kill. Lucky for me, my superiors were understanding and posted me to a non combat vocation after 3 mths of basic military training. My conscience is better but I still found myself worried abt the big A. I still believe that is the truth then.

I did not even want to go into 'apostate' sites. It was only when I completed my military service (2 yrs) and having had to deal with spiritism that I literally FORCED myself to seek advice here in Oct 07.

4 mths here has convinced me that that is not the truth. Thank you ,JWD, for liberating me. My thanks especially to gopher and darkuncle for their comfort and patience with me.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I know a few that still insist it is the truth!!! no matter how I try show them otherwise.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

It is weird, but "I think a lot of inactive or ex-JW's still think it's MORE true than any other religion, or "closest to the Bible"" is true. My step father was out for 20 years and still told me that.

Lots of ex-JWs are totally ignorant of anything about the JWs except for what they were originally taught at the Hall. That's so sad. An hour researching JWs online could easily prevent a lifetime of guilt!

I think there is going to be less of that as more people who leave now are comfortable researching stuff online.

S4

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Garrybuss call those folks "believing walkaways" ... I know 3 like that... guilt is powerful.

~Hill

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

All too many will get disfellowshipped and then continue attending the boasting sessions. A third are reinstated, many because they sincerely believe that it is the truth (of course, we know that some are reinstated solely so they can associate with family members).

In the Kingdumb Hell I used to go to, I saw that all the time. The person I studied with got disfellowshipped once for adultery, and went back (he had been disfellowshipped some time before I started and, shamefully, got reinstated in plenty of time to scam me). He returned for a time a couple of years later, went inactive for a time, went back active for about a year, went inactive again, got disfellowshipped for associating with a disfellowshipped person, and got reinstated again. This time, he has been active since. The person he got in trouble for associating with also got reinstated after continually going to boasting sessions.

For a time, people were getting disfellowshipped frequently. Between 1990 and 1992, there were numerous people going out. We had one get disfellowshipped late 1990 only to go back in early 1991 (and get reproved again); immorality is the most likely reason. Another got disfellowshipped early 1992, returned later 1992, got disfellowshipped again mid 1994, and got reinstated again mid 1996 (I will not assure the dates, because I wish to make it harder for Brother Hounder, who is not disfellowshipped, to figure anything out). Several others were disfellowshipped and regularly go to the boasting sessions.

I would say that, about a third are serious that they still want to be part of the organization and believe that it is true (or truer than anything else). Another third believe it may be the truth or the closest to, but do not give a fxxx (of which I fit that category--even if it were the truth, after the way Jehovah Baghead treated me, all He had coming from me were slaps in His face). Thus, I had no problem accepting apostasy--I was going to do it whether or not it was the truth. Then, maybe a third see the blatant lies and question it, and then realize it is all a fake.

Now, I believe it all to be a fake.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit