How many do you know like this?

by crownboy 21 Replies latest jw friends

• datsdethspicable
    datsdethspicable

My parents volunteered my apartment to the CO and his wife for a week. I didn't find out about until i got home from work and found my place rearranged and my stuff packed to stay in an old travel trailer.
    You can imagine how angry(after pulling a double shift) I was but they were already moved in!!!!!!

• Englishman
    Englishman

Crownboy,

You asked: Have any of you known any persons who, like the above mentioned brother, put "kingdom interest first" to the extent of loosing considerable monetary wealth? Did any eventually stop feeling happy, and how did they feel afterward?

My Dad was a professional man, a senior air traffic controler at London Heathrow. Another pioneer chap called Ray Benfield exhorted him to serve where the "need was great" (I actually listened to this myself in mounting horror) and suggested to him that he give up his job, sell his house and move into a mobile home.

3 months later we were living in a trailer park in Yeovil, that being the place where the society sent us to. Cyder country, kids with 6 fingers, etc. From being a PO, dad was downscaled to accounts. My Mother absolutely hated it and pined for her London semi. Dad worked as a traveller for Duponts, a credit clothing store, for about one third of his previous salary. I worked as a labourer for the trailer park owner.

We then moved to WSM, then Portsmouth where I stayed for a number of years, he went on to Matlock, Bridgnorth and finally Telford, always convinced that happiness lay in serving Jehovah where the need was great.

His health became very poor and he finished up selling measuring optics to pubs and restaurants. He died in '84, intestate and broke, my Mum still lives in the same council owned house.

Was he happy? I think that he probably was in his own way. His greatest unhappiness came from the DF'ing of myself, then my brother. He was totally convinced that the WTBTS was the chosen org, I think that he would have been absolutely shattered with the recent revelations.

Englishman.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit