How many do you know like this?

by crownboy 21 Replies latest jw friends

• FiveShadows
    FiveShadows

May you all have peace, This is what i was told to share..

Mt 9:13 "Go, then, and learn what this means, 'I want mercy, and not sacrafice.' For I came to call, not righteous people, but sinners."

FiveShadows

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

I always was ticked off when Bethelites commented on life in the real world. When they got accepted to bethel, they gave up the right to lecture anyone about life.

Path

• ItsJustMe
    ItsJustMe

Someone in my pioneer school sold his successful limo business and became one of the drivers instead of the owner.

• spacegirl
    spacegirl

This reminds me of how the Catholics ask for money to pray for souls. You can't buy Salvation. There was no need for this chap to give up his wealth. There is such a thing as using wealth creatively like supprting worthwhile community projects etc etc. It's not money that is evil it is the way people use it that is.

• edward gentry
    edward gentry

y folks sold their property in 1974 and spent the money on 4 months back in england trying to bring their relatives to the truth before the big A hit.
    Does that count as a martyrdom story?

• wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

I don’t know why these guys don’t feel embarrassed telling others how to simplify their lives. I guess it depends what side of the fence you are on.

When they encourage other to simplify it means giving up all « luxuries »

On the other hand their so-called simple life consists of having everything taken care of by others

The C.O gave a similar talk here

A week before the cong. passed a resolution to donate a yearly amount (so much a pub.) to look after the C.O and wife’s teeth.

One brother commented afterward: « He and he wife are going around with perfect smiles while half the kids in this cong. have rotten teeth »

Their parents, living the simple life, can’t afford to take them to the dentist.

• wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

I don’t know why these guys don’t feel embarrassed telling others how to simplify their lives. I guess it depends what side of the fence you are on.

When they encourage other to simplify it means giving up all « luxuries »

On the other hand their so-called simple life consists of having everything taken care of by others

The C.O gave a similar talk here

A week before the cong. passed a resolution to donate a yearly amount (so much a pub.) to look after the C.O and wife’s teeth.

One brother commented afterward: « He and he wife are going around with perfect smiles while half the kids in this cong. have rotten teeth »

Their parents, living the simple life, can’t afford to take them to the dentist.

• LDH
    LDH

Now they're getting their teeth paid for?

What the #*$& about personal responsibility?

The Apostle Paul wasn't a burden to anyone!

How dare they! Why can't the WTBS pay for their dental insurance and out of pocket costs?

HMMM the life of a co:

Car is paid for
    housing is paid for
    medical is paid for
    dental is paid for
    free money from every congregation
    free clothes from at least one dumb ass per congregation
    and jackasses like my parents who give them their charge cards and tell them to go buy whatever they want every time they roll through town!

Ewwww I feel a new thread coming on.

Lisa

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LDH,your parents and my parents both.ALL expense paid vacations to various locations around the world.Cash and lots of it when ever they came begging.Anything to show off for the BRASS.Its one way to stay in good standing with a corrupt religion...OUTLAW

• JT
    JT

hs gets deeeeeeeeeeep

The average JW is learning very quickly that martyrs used to be very easy to come by, but are rarer than an Islamic Lingerie salesman these days.

########

now this is true when i was growing up it was very common to see folks move to SERVE WHERE THE NEED IS GREAT or go to the DC despite the fact that the boss told them they would lose their jobs WHICH THEY DID UPON RETURNING

BUT TODAY you can't get jw to come out for Hall cleaning
    i think so many jw today saw thier mom and dad lose out on so much and they are not buying it today

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit