The List of 15 Disfellowshipping Offenses

by The Oracle 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• inkling
    inkling

Huh, i see a glaring omission here: Eating with a disfellowshiped person!

We KNOW R Franz was DFed for this, right? Has anyone else been? Where is the basis in WT lit?

[inkling]

• TD
    TD

There is very good reason to believe that #9 has quietly been changed.

http://www.ajwrb.org/basics/breaking.shtml

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Ironically enough, their own culture of rules and making sure everything is in writing, is causing this plan to backfire.

The organization is full of elders who will not budge on anything unless they see it in writing from the governing body or from one of their representatives on Watchtower letterhead.

Even though I have no doubt that what the AJWRB is saying is completely accurate, the truth of the matter is, when it comes to executing a change like this - it won't fly in most congregations - even if the CO tells the elders to do something a certain way. Many mature BOE will want to see the direction in writing before they do anything.

Serves them right - but it is TRAGIC that many many people are still dying because they fear shunning and displeasing Jehovah, more than they value their own life or the life of their loved one.

It is quite a little mess this evil little organization has created for itself - and this plan to phase out disfellowshipping, or involuntary disassociating, for taking a blood transfusion is not working.

The Oracle

• TD
    TD
    It is quite a little mess this evil little organization has created for itself -

I agree completely. It's wierd that they will confirm this over the phone, but won't put it in writing at the BOE level.

Apparently this serves some purpose(?)

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Well MY sin is not on that list.... Not believing in 1914???

That would come under RULE 1 - Thou shalt believe in all the BS the GB comes out with - if not - you are out on your arse

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

strictly speaking - allegedly - there is only one grounds -unrepentance

• JH
    JH

If a JW in good standings posts here to DEFEND the Watchtower and elders find out, will he be disfellowshipped for Apostasy???

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

In my years of observation, one can be disfellowshipped for anything that three elders can agree he/she should be disfellowshipped for.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I have never felt so far from paradise!

• Layla33
    Layla33

However, the real truth is I know people and have known people who have committed just about every one of those offenses and not be DF'd. It is all about how sorry you are and how the group of three men interpet your guilt. And let's face it, if you have an "in". The people that judge you are not truly qualified to make assessments, they just interview you a couple of times, see if you will beg for the mercy of Jehovah and there you go.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit