First topics from '00 and the ones who made them

by Quandry 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Quandry
    Quandry

Out of curiosity I went back to page one of the forum.

Well, actually they were blank until I think page five.

The first posts were mostly made by people still in the organization. It was obvious that they were afraid to openly state their doubts. They skirted the issues that are talked about so openly now, some with, shall we say, intensity.

I was wondering where these posters are now, and if there are any still on the board. I wonder what their lives are like now. If they are still "in" or have left the Borg.

I like to hear the experiences that make up people's lives. I always enjoyed the life stories in the Awake magazines.

Any still here that were here in the early years? How have you changed? Have you adjusted finally to life outside the organization?

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I haven't been here a year yet. Lots of good reading on the old threads. I believe a lot of us are able to be informed quicker, and come to grips with the truth about the cult due to the early posters exposing the lies and hypocrisy. They were the true pioneers that did a lot of our work for us. I will always hold them in high esteem.

Thank you all.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

there were some really cool people here...some left, got ran off...others healed up or got bored...

The first few pages..even Simon was a bit of an apologist... he came to the dark side by page 10 or so

~Hill

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Bear in mind that many of the earliest topics were commented on over the years, and hence are no longer at "page 1" of topics. Perhaps using the search function will get you more.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I have been here since 01 ...I miss so many of the "oldies" E-man.Brummie, AlanF,so many!!! I guess some grew up & away from the board. Me? It became my family...And I an addicted to it. My only "fun" now!!!

Would hate to go back & read alot of the old posts.... Angie & Simon dont post hardly any more.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    The first posts were mostly made by people still in the organization. It was obvious that they were afraid to openly state their doubts. They skirted the issues that are talked about so openly now, some with, shall we say, intensity.

Yes initially Simon was a JW. Some of the early posters had been posting on the old H2O board. When that board closed more of the posters came to JWD. By the beginning of 2001 posters are more open about their feelings regarding the WTS.

I was wondering where these posters are now, and if there are any still on the board. I wonder what their lives are like now. If they are still "in" or have left the Borg.

Well some, like "FredHall" are most likely still JW-wannabes who are hanging on despite the info they saw here. "waiting" is off living a good ex-JW life and occasionally still posts. "Redhorsewoman" I think still posts on beliefnet - nothing wrong with a good debate. "Simon and Angharad" of course are still here.

I like to hear the experiences that make up people's lives. I always enjoyed the life stories in the Awake magazines.

Check here The Best of... Personal Experiences

Any still here that were here in the early years? How have you changed? Have you adjusted finally to life outside the organization?

I showed up in Jun 01. The board was just a little over 1 year old. How have I changed? Well I no longer think the WTS represents God or anything else moral or spiritual. As for my life . . . well it is a far cry from a WT controlled fear-based life.

edited to correct link - thanks Grace

• mouthy
    mouthy

Lee that come up Error when you press on it

• willdabeerman
    willdabeerman

I have been here since 01. Granted I just came back a couple of weeks ago after a lenghty absence. I have changed and my life has changed by leaps and bounds.I am no longer that person I was back then regarding the witnesses. Man so much has changed in 6 or 7 years eh?

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

forgive me Wil..whats your wifes handle. she used to chat on here all the time. Oh..glad to see you back.

~Hill

• willdabeerman
    willdabeerman

Hill- She was/is Dottie. She still lurks everyday. Oh and good to be back. Thank you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit