First topics from '00 and the ones who made them

by Quandry 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Quandry
    Quandry

Mouthy says:

Would hate to go back & read alot of the old posts.... Angie & Simon dont post hardly any more.

Actually, when I first came here in 2006, I went back and read posts for hours. I feel like I sorta came to "know" some of the posters. Was devastated by some of the accounts of youth taken away by the WTS.

Was so saddened by the results of shunning some were coping with.

All in all, I would have to say that this board helped so much in my recovery (which I'll admit is nowhere near complete yet) by finding out that there were others who felt the same dissillusion that I did.

I hope that some others who still lurk from time to time will give a post.

• shadowofbathory
    shadowofbathory

dude

its going back ages and i cant recall all the details but i was part of the first group at the old H2O ( hourglasss )

lasted a while there then forget why it had to be closed

most of us moved to simons site and i would post regularly back in the day, mainly because the discussions were interesting, spirited and there were many more JW apologists me amoungst them, rebutting the daily blasphemy coming form satans crew as they were affectionately known as and for a significant stint having the farkelmeister as their CEO wannabe

they really were the good ol days, extreamly interesting, intelectual and witty exchanges. really shaped my spiritual paradigm actually

JanH and that other norwegien hairy dude were legends, man what was his name he split off to form his own site anyone remember....

who could forget Youknow and the debates he had mainly with Alan Furburger ( genius bloke )

we had a governing body member ( through Ros) posting on the forum ! as well as that other smart prik that wrote 3 dissertations, man he could argue a good point.

the aussie i remember best was the classic unclebruce, got to meet him real life to when i gave him $ 500 to give to douglass over a bet i may have lost on ths forum, i dont think i lost but poor douglas claimed to be on hard times even not having the funds to buy margarine...

i remember actaully threatening simon and the other posters that i would crash the site if they didnt do something or other ( i wonder if i can find those pages ) and i actually did it for 4 hours crashed the site cold, then brought it back you should have seen their {figurative} faces, fun times

i then remember the major issue like the JW'S had in the 80' s at bethel, the censorship issue. anyone remember the mechanisms of that, where sensorship was questioned it got to a point then where simon didnt relly moderate and delete much, and i remember the joker doug had to abuse this freedom and take it to a new low even for him where he posted a thread which contained the c word in the tile and was all about that word. most then fell into that mud pit and even Englishman ( later to become a SAS beside simon ) chucked his 2 bob in on that thread, you remember dont you mate how u have your balony cut up nice and thin..

then simon gets over strict and censors anything he wishes kiks me off the board for life for disagreeing with him and ointingout the error in his reasoning actually many get dissfellowshiped from JWD and some good looking canadian bloke goes and opens in competition to simon and starts JWO still censor free but not worth a pinch of poo

i could go on and on, its been at least 8 years for me in this community but u should discover for yourselves. from memory the action is around pages 900 ?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I think going back can be very useful for people. That is why I decided to make the Best of series. There were so many great topics that were wonderful at exposing the WTS' underbelly. New readers need to read some of what transpired especially since many of those topics aren't discussed too often. They are a goldmine of information

• mouthy
    mouthy

???? I got it disregard !!!!!

• yumbby
    yumbby

I've been on since 2002, fresh out of the witnesses. Anyone remember Priscus and traumahound (always a controversy there). In 2002 there was a ton of fighting, flirting and it was just as addicting as ever.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit