Smoking = Disfellowshiping is it justified?? Do you do it now?

by Witness 007 37 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Isn't Smoking just as bad as "defiling the body our temple" with Alcohol or drugs legal or illegal? If I have Glucoma will I be Disfellowshiped if I smoke Pot, since it is a Doctor perscribed treatment? Those who Smoke how do you justify ruining your health and finances?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I like an occasional Cuban Cigar..You don`t inhale a cigar..And..It`s not a constant draw on your bank account...............The WBT$ recieves Profits from Tobacco Giant "Phillip Morris.Through the "Henrreita M.Riely Trust Fund"(Hope I spelled that right).....The WBT$ has no right to pass judgement on anyone about Tobacco.Considering the WBT$ Profits,from the Sale of Tobacco.................Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

I have a few black and milds and spend about $5/mo.

I am more concerned about the morbidly obese and the way that they defile their body, but you never hear of someone being DF'd because they are too fat.

• oldflame
    oldflame
    If I have Glucoma will I be Disfellowshiped if I smoke Pot, since it is a Doctor perscribed treatment?

I asked several witnesses about this and a pastor of a baptist church, they all said that if a doctor prescribes it then it is justified.

• yumbby
    yumbby

I don't understand it. My dad was a witness for about 28 years, left, married a worldly woman and started smoking at 52. I think that is just crazy. Course he started smoking in response to her death... I guess that could explain it. But now he's 62 and a chain smoker.

• oldflame
    oldflame

I can remember my mom and stepdad were smoking as witnesses and how they were all worked up about quiting or be disfellowshipped. Man I bet there were a bunch of stressed out witnesses back in the 70's especially when the end did not come after the org made all of them believe it was .

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Drinking alcohol is bad for your health too, just as smoking does

Shouldn't it be regarded as the same ?

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    I am more concerned about the morbidly obese and the way that they defile their body, but you never hear of someone being DF'd because they are too fat.

I totally agree. I do enjoy a fine Cuban once in a wile and I like the hookah (nargila) but I don't smoke tobacco in the hookah I smoke apple flavored herbs. There are a lot more "defiling" things the JW do that are accepted.

• inkling
    inkling
    Drinking alcohol is bad for your health too, just as smoking does

I don't think this is true. Drinking in moderation has never been shown to be damaging to health.

Smoking, even occasionally, clearly is.

And drinking to the point of health problems would likely be drunkenness, and therefore a DFable offence.

[inkling]

• TheListener
    TheListener

Inkling,

Your premise seems to be if it is unhealthy for you then it's a df'ing offense?

Lots of skinny people eat horribly bad. But, due to genetic makeup they are still skinny and may outwardly appear healthy. If the elder body realizes that they are consistently eating unhealthy and thus treating their temple poorly can or should they disfellowship such a one? That would protect the rest of the congregation from following the person's example.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit