Is accepting a whole blood transfusion a DF offense?

by lavendar 30 Replies latest jw friends

• lavendar
    lavendar

......or have they changed that rule...and made it a "conscience matter"?? Thanks for your help....

Lavendar

• carla
    carla

Here you go, all things blood-

http://ajwrb.org/index.shtml

• carla
    carla

don't forget jw's may say things are a conscience issue but you know that if your conscience doesn't match that of the org or elders you are toast.

• lavendar
    lavendar

Thank you, Carla! I appreciate it!

• 5go
    5go

No it's DA offence in other words by the act of taking whole blood, you say you are no longer a witness.

• lavendar
    lavendar

But, if they accepted blood fractions, that would be okay?

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Accepting blood in a 'weak' state is not necessarily a disfellowshipping offense anymore.

Depends on the circumstances and the C.O. and the local elders.

5th

P.S. I spoke with a C.O. once who was dealing with this issue and they decided not to DF a sister who accepted a transfusion because she was in a 'weak' state. The Society is making it more vague all the time.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Technically it is a disfellowshipping offense.

Just like adultery is a disfellowshipping offense.

Of course, when one commits a disfellowshipping offense like taking a blood transfusion, shagging someone else's wife, or engaging in a little loose conduct it does not necessarily result in disfellowshipping.

If the perpetrator of the heinous crime is deemed sufficiently repentant ("waaaa waaaa - i didn't mean it, I am so sad'), and judged weak and not wickid, then it's a slap on the wrist and a little public humiliation through an announcement of public reproof...or maybe even private reproof if nobody else knows ya did it.

However, traditionally with a blood transfusion offense, the elders are a little less forgiving. I am not 100% sure why this is. But it might be because in the elders book it does not inlcude blood transfusions when it list serious sins for which a sinner could be repentant. The implication being, that when a blood transfusion is taken, their is no room for repentance. Once again I can't say for certain this is the reason, there is nothing specific in the elders book to reference. I'll see if I can find some instructions in a letter to the BOE.

The Oracle

• loosie
    loosie

there is one country (I forget which one) where there are no reprucussions for having a whole blood transfusion. The government made them agree to this.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

right you are.

I believe that it's Bulgaria.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit