Do You Believe The Majority of JWs Believe Everything They Are Taught?

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

Not sure about a "majority," but I know at least a few witnesses that don't believe certain WBTS doctrines. In particular, the teaching that only JWs will make it through Armageddon.

Until recently, my wife (who was raised a witness) did not believe that the Society teaches that only JWs will be saved at Armageddon. I showed her the WT articles that clearly state this belief. She was a little surprised, and said there's no way that can be true. I agreed and said that I was just repeating what the "faithful and discreet slave" is teaching.

I know other witnesses who are not aware of--or don't believe--this doctrine. Interestingly, they still profess that this is the true religion.

• moshe
    moshe

Being a JW is almost tantamount to being a nationality in the way they think and as such they just accept whatever they are told by their WT leaders. But, they don't always believe in it 100%

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Do you think today's Witnesses accept everything as being the truth?

I really have no idea.

I cant figure why anyone would be a JW nowadays. I would think if one was in school and was forced to go to the meetings by their parents, with access to google and the internet they would have many questions. I am pretty sure it is a truth that armegeddon is not coming in 1975.

When I was 16 my grandfather who had nothing to do with the witnesses told me that them people were full of crap. It kind of went over my head at the time, because, I dont know why. Maybe I wanted to believe in something.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Who cares? From my own experience, lots of them are probably just going through the motions.

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

i know i don't.....i'm probably in the minority.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

For alot of jw's it's all about the social acceptance. Shit, half of them cannot express the basis for the hope that they believe in. Jesus has been taken out of the equation by the ORG. Jehovah is second hand to the FDS.

And .....real one???? What do you know about any of this???

real one...... thinks a simple answer of "no " qualifies him to rank with those of us who have worn the stripes that the wts inflicted upon us. Walk a mile in our shoes ...real one... and then come trolling...

NMG

• Maddie
    Maddie

I dont't really know but I think a percentage really believe it is God's Org. and soak it up like a sponge. Others might not believe everything but dissonance kicks in and stops them from admitting it.

Maddie

• yknot
    yknot

Maybe those in under-developed countries.

For those of us in the developed nations-NO

I don't know of anyone who doesn't have some doubt of some kind concerning the organization and present teachings. Unless you want to count children who are trying their best to be good JWs and obey what they are being taught. After all wasn't that the last time many of us were true-believers. My doubts started about the time I was 6, when the WTBS started to focus more on control in the early 80's.

• StAnn
    StAnn

My JW mother and JW sister believe everything they say, hook, line, and sinker. I think my two brothers who are still in have doubts but are afraid of acting on them because of backlash from family. My ex-husband and his pioneer wife definitely believe it all. Interestingly, the people in my family who went to college left the JWs, the ones who didn't are still in it. I remember when I took a Western Civilization history class and saw 587, not 607, as the year and thought, where'd they come up with that date? That was one of my first inklings that something was wrong....

• Undecided
    Undecided

That's a hard question for me to answer. I just grew up being a JW, it was just my life. I think I felt pressure to follow the line through my life. I didn't chose the course I was in, I was just there. Finally I just got tired of all the pressure and didn't care whether it was the truth or not and just faded away. Later, after the internet, I begin to see the light about religion in general. I feel it is just a man made way of dealing with life and death and the unknown of eternity. If and what or who God is, is still a mystery to me. I'll probably be dead before I understand any of it.

Ken P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit