Do You Believe The Majority of JWs Believe Everything They Are Taught?

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Years ago, nearly every JW were true believers. Even if they were considered weak in the faith, they accepted all the beliefs and views from "Mother".

Do you think today's Witnesses accept everything as being the truth?

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

For Goodness sake Min........how much longer are you gonna be on here asking these questions?????

• Zico
    Zico

I've found a lot of Jehovah's Witnesses are likely to disagree with some rules, such as not being allowed to have beards, or requiring a chaperone for dating, but they usually agree with the doctrines.

• fokyc
    fokyc

YES, they are absolutely convinced that they are right and we/you are all wrong!

I am preached to every day! It doesn't matter what happens in the Cong.

however bad there is always a good reason why it happens, when the elders lie, she says it is to be expected!

fokyc

• minimus
    minimus

Scoob, til YOU stop think JWs are ok.

• blondie
    blondie

But the average jw cannot explain from the bible or the WT publications what they believe. The articles coming up in the study WTs are hounding jws to read and study and be capable of explaining what they believe. Can the average jw explain about the trinity, hellfire, 1914, etc., at the door of the people they call on or do they have to run home and call an elder or pioneer or someone else who is one of the few who really understand the doctrines. Can they explain why they can take blood fractions but the bible says that blood must be poured out, not stored. How many understand the 1975 fiasco, too many weren't alive then.

The questions really is can the EXPLAIN it?

• minimus
    minimus

Even though the majority could never explain it, they still might believe it. I know many nearly inactive "weak" JWs that steadfastly refused transfusions and would've died for their belief which they couldn't explain.

• Hermano
    Hermano

Many of them, especially elders and others in position of power, know there are problems and inconcistencies with some of the doctrines. They stay however, because they are convinced that it is God's organization and there is no where else to go.

• real one
  • Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Yes, 99.9%, absolutely Yes. Even when bad behavior or change in doctrine occurs, they defend it without shame--as if no one could possibly see through them or would think that they're stupid for blindly following.

Sure they're are some-and I knew a few-who may question. Like, a good ex-friend of ours who's still an elder says, 'If I found out that the Bible said differently, I would follow the Bible not JWs'. He always told people to study the Bible, read the Bible, not always the literature, because 'we're Bible students, not students of literature written by humans'.

He's been unofficially counselled about this, he told us, but he defends his statements, because the Bible says so. They have left him alone generally because he's right.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit