Did you get to say Goodbye...?

by strawberry cake 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• strawberry cake
    strawberry cake

I know that they are conditional friends. I also know I will make more friends. I have said goodbye to some and upset the elders by telling JW friends that I don't believe the WTS any more. I have sent a few texts and have been told that I am texting people and planting doubt. Just Saying goodbye, Jehovahs blessing is seen as planting doubts because I choose to leave..(well I can't help that!) The elders are panicking, announcements to warn the congregation this week. I refuse to disappear without saying goodbye. Even if their love is conditional, mine isn't... We have our DA letter ready..may send it if pushed.(was hoping to avoid a complete shun,daft really) xxx Strawberry Cake

• auxillaryapostate
    auxillaryapostate

Yes, I said good-bye to some who I was close to. One said "I'm going to save you a chair." I let her know I was never coming back. Two others I talked with on the phone, I told them the same thing. I even had to tell my 9 year old grandson when he told me he had the no.2 Bible reading and wanted me to be there. He has asked me why I left because my daughter will no longer let him spend the night with me. I told him when he got old enough to read and understand what he read I was going to tell him. Now and then he gets to come down and stay about 3-4 hours. I am so mad at myself for bringing my kids up in that cult. I do have one son and his wife and granddaughter who did get out.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I said goodbye to those that really mattered...

a couple I have known for over 30 years,

An old MS that I used to fly with.

Another MS that I also used to fly with. He hung up on me when I told him, though. actually he may have broke his phone when he slammed it against the wall... at least that what it sounded like it hit after a half second of silence.

To those who already considered me spiritually weak for 2 1/2 years of non-attendance...

See Ya

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Due the the fact that you are voicing what you do believe now, there could df you before you even get a chance to send your letter. I'm sure they will give a talk on the next meeting isn't that what they usually do?

Hope4Others

• strawberry cake
    strawberry cake

Dear Hopeforothers Yes, they most probably will... x SC

• cognac
    cognac

WOW, I'm so sorry Strawberry... I noticed you said we, is your husband leaving with you?

• chickpea
    chickpea

how sad this is! i cannot image the emotional turmoil you are dealing with..... best wishes to you as you navigate the in-built treachery of this manipulative collective

for me, i didnt know then that i was beginning a reasonably effective fade, so it never occurred to me to say good-bye....

now it has become more than evident that these people were not much more than fair weather friends..... the ones i was closest to WILL call, but only if they NEED something!! it is a running joke with the hub when a JW name appears on caller ID.... " wonder what they want?" ... we have yet to be proven wrong!

i cannot even depend on them to bring current magazines!!! ( i was reading them for a while but without the constant and consistent mind control, pretty soon they become just the prpoganda rags they really are! now i am interested in receiving them and perhaps "placing" them in public venues with the silent lambs website info prominently displayed therein!)

• Maddie
    Maddie

Strawberry cake - yes this is the way it happens. The elders find out whats going on, then massive panic sets in with them because they are scared silly that you may tell other JW's your reasons for leaving. They don't want us to know the truth about the WT but when we do they close ranks to keep control of the congregation. Basically we are frozen out!

I am very sorry you are going through this but you are very brave and being true to yourself so Big Hugs from me

Maddie

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Right behind you strawberrycake. I've started saying my pre-goodbyes to some of my friends who I know are on the fringes and won't rat me out. I'm waiting a bit longer, but know I'll have to get all of my goodbyes done in one week since someone WILL rat me out, and I'll have to DA or DF very quickly.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Wow, welcome. You must be so distressed at the mo.

I wish I'd had the chance. When I was dfd I phoned everybody up and told them myself, but at the time I thought I'd be getting reinstated, so I was telling them 'see you as soon as I can'. Now I'll never be able to.

I very very rarely miss them, and when I do it's with sadness for them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit