When Making Decisions - Do You View Taking Risks as Positive or Negative?

by flipper 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Warlock
    Warlock

I take financial risks everyday.

The result is either positive, or negative.

That's about as risky as my life gets.

Warlock

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

Positive thinking: Risks present opportunities.

Negative thinking: Risks present unnecessary danger.

LFCv

• flipper
    flipper

WARLOCK- Financial risks ? Are you in the stock market ? LOL! That would be quite a risk these days !

LFC VIKING- I agree. Positive risk = opportunities . Negative risks = unnecessary dangers

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Flipper..I live in the Wilderness..There are risks every day here..I avoid the risks that will seriously injure or kill me..LOL!!....................Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• Satanus
    Satanus

I tend to take risks in some areas. It has been mostly positive. All big projects involve risk, lots of it. That's not to say that acheivers live risky lives. I think they take calculated risks w a view to achieving a goal(s). Some of the greatest builders took the biggest risks.

S

• flipper
    flipper

OUTLAW- I hear what you are sayin' Outlaw ! I too live with my wife in the Northern Sierra mountains in California. Near national forest land areas - not as remote as you probably , but still have some risks nevertheless . We just make sure when we are out hiking that bears, mountain lions, rattlesnakes, or big hairy ape-like creatures don't harass us ! LOL! Keep our eyes open !

SATANUS- I agree with what you say. Having been in business myself , self employed for 25 years , there are certain big projects that calculated risks work out on .Some others don't and you learn which projects to tackle - and which ones to avoid

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Taking Risks - allows for good and bad to flow into your life. Some risks don't pay off, others' do. Personally I weigh up pros & cons, try see both sides of the coin and tend to go with the riskier option - because you just never know.

I like putting myself out there.

• flipper
    flipper

LOUBELLE - I hear what your saying . Nothing ventured , nothing gained ! I too tend to take risks if I see there are more advantages that way. But if I see more negative than positive possibilities - I tend to back off

• real one
    real one

it proved to be negative for the Patriots

• flipper
    flipper

REAL ONE - Very true , look where it got the Patriots - beat in the Super Bowl - if that's the patriots you are talking about . I bet they will never try to film other teams secrets again on the sly ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit