When Making Decisions - Do You View Taking Risks as Positive or Negative?

by flipper 29 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

MEGAFLOWER- I agree ! I felt stagnant also as a witness. It was very restrictive ! I'm glad you have reached out in life and you are finding happiness ! I'm so glad you re-connected with your sister and it had a happy result ! It was a good risk to take !

HOPIE- That is so great you went back to rescue your daughter ! Talk about taking a chance ! Wow! And in the process your bravery helped bust a child molester as well ! I too look at life as a " glass half full ".

STILLA- I'm glad you are a risk taker ! It has helped you deal with having been a witness ! Hope to meet you sometime at the apostafest in July at Tahoe ! If you don't mind meeting a dolphin and his wife ! LOL!

WORLDTRAVELLER- I like to take risks eating different foods too ! My wife and I love Mexican food , Thai , Chinese , you name it - we're game ! Variety is the spice of life ! I too am careful financially - don't take many risks. I also like real people as friends - not fakes ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• 5go
    5go

I don't mind risk as long as I can choose. I hate getting thrown into the pool by some well meaning person and when the EMS shows up that person is trying to say it was my fault for not trying to swim harder. BS you threw me in that wasn't my choice that is an assault. Sadly to many people in the US today by into this tuff love fascist crap.

• flipper
    flipper

HORTENSIA- It's good to take risks - even if they are scary or stressful sometimes as the outcome may be very positive !

5 GO- I agree that I want to choose my own risks to take as well. When our free will is taken away - and somebody else chooses our risks for us - they might not have our best interests at heart , but their own ulterior motives at heart ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• serendipity
    serendipity

I'm a risk averse person, but force myself to take calculated risks.

• flipper
    flipper

SERENDIPITY- I take calculated risks also. I try to determine if it is worth the risk in a positive way ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

Just wanted to bump this up to see if you view risks as positive or negative ? How do you view it ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Layla33
    Layla33

I love taking risks because a lot of times things that my mind perceives as risks or things that could change my life for the better. I am always thinking that if I want my life to be different, than I have to do things different, that's it.

I can only discuss my own thinking and whatever I get involved in something, whatever situation, I look at the best and worst case scenario and then I ask myself if I can handle the worst case scenario. If I dont think I can handle the worst case scenario, I dont do it. Period.

However, I have done things that most people wouldnt even consider, but to me, that has made my life that much better. I challenged life and myself, and I am all the better for it.

• flipper
    flipper

LAYLA 33- I try to look at things positively too. How my decisions or risks I take will make my life better. That is a good plan you have by looking at the " worst case scenario " and if you can't hang with that - then avoid it . Smart reasoning I'd say . It's good to challenge life and ourselves

• avishai
    avishai

Everything is a risk. Making no decisions at all is the riskiest. It's all about "managed risk"

• flipper
    flipper

AVASHAI- Very true. Everything is risky . Walking to our car to get in is risky . We could trip, break a leg. Or we could get a winning lotto ticket by driving in our car to the store , purchasing a winner ! But managed risks are the best , true, we have to know what we want to risk. In golf when putting on the green there is a saying if you putt and end up short of the hole - no guts, no glory. I subscribe to that view

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit