Watchtower style architecture

by sleepy 15 Replies latest jw friends

• battman
    battman

Sleepy,
    did you say your elder had a wobbly rectum??

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

: DO`s any body know why there are no windows in kingdom halls?

Because some empty-headed circuit overseer said they had to go.

In my old Hall, we had windows. In the late '80s, they were taken out. In the early '90s, a new CO said, "Where are your windows?!? This place resembles someone's basement!" So new windows were installed.

BTW, my father (who was blackballed and ostracized by the congregation because another elder failed to live up to his end of a business proposition) suggested glass block windows, since they are secure and still allow light. His suggestion (during a meeting where suggestions were.. um... suggested) was met with a, "Well, hmm... no, probably not. Who's next?"

The Apostle Paul is like the man who comes into a court of law today to sware that everything he swore to yesterday was a lie. -- Thomas Paine

• JanH
    JanH

Why there are no winwdows in KHs is a FAQ on jw-related boards/lists, and also has inspired a few jokes.

Someone on one of those lists did claim to know the answer to the question, though. Apparently, building swithout windows are much cheaper to insure.

From my experience, this is a North American phenomenon, at least I have not seeen many window-less KHs here.

- Jan
    --
    "Doctor how can you diagnose someone with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and then act like I had some choice about barging in here right now?" -- As Good As It Gets

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I've prided myself on two things, recognizing WatchTower Archetecture and Latter Day Saints art work.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

Ever notice the Watchtower icon has to be every present. On the outside of the building, in the brickwork or as a sign border, or worked into the interior decoration. I'm surprised they haven't made an inlaid Tower carpet or floor tile design ... but then it probably has been done in some hall.

The Tower icon is to J-dub Halls what the Cross it to churches.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Not sure where you're from WheelWW, but the building committees here in the US would NEVER allow the Watchtower motif to be added to a Hall. I worked on one where a brother got creative and started doing it around the chimney enclosure. They were on that in a flash and had him tear it out.
    S4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit