Watchtower style architecture

by sleepy 15 Replies latest jw friends

• sleepy
    sleepy

So was it just me or are the architectual designs of Kingdom halls absolutely bland and uninspiring?
    I suppose it just like the pictures in the mags middle of the road and all that.

If there was a new system and the watchtower society had control on thing I wonder if they would insist on standardised designs .
    3 or 4 designs for each country to chose from.
    If you think that is far fetched that is exactly the policy they have today for Kingdom hall design. There are several predesigned stadardised halls to chose from.

• Celtic
    Celtic

Ai, this has crossed my mind many times. Years ago, when I used to be on the SW Quick Build team I always held grave reservations that the building materials were never sourced sustainably, just bog standard crap materials were always used.

Here was the Awake claiming that the organisation is one of the leading environmental companies in the world. What an absolute joke.

Looking through the magazines, I used to despair often at the thought of living in the illustrated homes in paradise that the WT obviously thought were really funky and cool.

For the most sustainable architecture anywhere check out www.earthship.org

Another issue, why do Kingdom Hall garden designs always look so naff? Paradise one day eh? Some of them better do a phd in garden maintenance first rather than considering window cleaning.

peace

celtic

• battman
    battman

The more bland the better. The WTS seems to want
    to be in stealth mode so as not to draw too much flack
    for their Crap. Yet wants to draw in as many members
    as possible.

What ever happened to "advertise, advertise advertise".
    hahahahahaha

Even GWB has hired a Madison Ave Guru to "Sell"
    the war effort.

Battman

• battman
    battman

If the "new system" TM is to be a return
    to the "perfect" garden of Eden then why
    would we even need buildings?

Certainly we will NOT need clothes either!!!
    I love to run that one by the sisters!! hehe

battman
    of the "No Clothes" Klass

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

DO`s any body know why there are no windows in kingdom halls?

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

From what was told to us in the late 70's or early 80's, they don't have windows because of possible attacks (bombs) from others. I remember them saying there had been a bomb in a hall in France. That is all that I remember.

• Celtic
    Celtic

Ai, the nail bomb that went off in Australia at the KH there influenced this thinking also I'm sure.

Does anyone remember that?

peace

celtic

• battman
    battman

I remember hearingand reading about that.
    Was that in the late 70's or maybe early 80's?

I wondered at the time "Where was Jah's
    protection then?".

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Outlaw,

Re: no windows in Kingdom Halls

I was told that the WTS gets a cheaper rate from the US insurance carrier with no windows. Less to vandalize.

Pat

• sleepy
    sleepy

What do halls look like in the States?
    I wonder if they are different to Britian.
    Most of the ones I've seen in Britian have been red or orange brick with very small windows and very plain usually white walls inside.
    Plastic flowers at the front and a wobbly rostrum made by a local brother.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit