My conversation with a Born Again.

by yourmomma 29 Replies latest jw friends

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

I spoke with a born again today. I am wondering if this person represents how they all think or just some. I'll assume just some. Anyway the conversation was fine, however then it hit a point when it dawned on me that they are similar to witnesses. He said that all of JW's are going to hell because they are not born again. So I said the following: "So let me get this straight, for example lets say there is an old widow who has been a witness all her life, and she believes with all her heart the JW docterine. So she truly feels that she is serving God. This woman because she has been deceived by men into believing the WTS docterine, is going to hell? An innocent, old, honest hearted woman who loves God and is dedicated in her own mind to him is going to hell, a place of eternal torment because wicked men took advantage of her and deceived her?"

His response was yes. So at that point I ended the conversation. I'll carry a conversation with anyone, but once I detect this kind of crap, im done. You know why? Because its no different than the witnesses, the only difference is that instead of Armageddon its hell. Hell and Armageddon, 2 things used by relgions to guilt and fear people into serving God. F that. Im thinking about coming up with a chart that lists the different religions, and then what kind of extreme punishment will befall a person who doesnt believe what they believe. I'll start with 2:

1. Jehovah's Witnesses-If you dont serve God the way we say, you die in Armageddon.

2. Born Again's-If you dont serve God the way we say, you spend eternity in hell.

This post is not meant to offend any Born Agains, if you believe this, more power to you, I dont buy it. So I guess I am going to hell. I wonder if the JW's will shun me when I am in hell. We'll look at each other and say "Dam, we were both wrong, wow, its like a sauna in here. Im assigned to the steel pole in the eye machine today, what about you? Oh, I had that yesterday, today I am assigned to the hot lava down the throat, while being disemboweled machine. Oh jeez, let me know how that goes. cant wait to swim in the lake of fire, that doesnt seem to be as bad. Hey, anyone see Satan? No, but I was in line behind Hitler at the steel pole machine. Is it me, or does it seem like we have been down here for an eterinity! LOL"!

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

If you become a bad Mormon, you are sentenced to being black. Something like that.

• sspo
    sspo

Dont even bother with most born again, i dealt with them most of my life and usually they're emotional, unreasonable freaks with no ability

to think and to make any sense. Similar to most of us when we were witnesses and not making any senses with our own doctrines.

No offense to anyone who claims to be in Jesus and sees him everywhere in their lives.

• NoLoveLost
    NoLoveLost

Speaking as a 'born again', I can assure you that we do not all share that belief. Additionally we are not supposed to judge one another and I can assume that means speculating whether so-and-so is going to hell or not. Romans 2:14, "You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things" (NIV).

Revelation 5:9 is a song to Christ, "You are worthy to take the scroll and to open its seals, because you were slain, and with your blood you purchased men for God from every tibe and language and people and nation. You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God and they will reign on the earth" (NIV)."

Bear with me now - this is leading somewhere...Romans 2:14 reads, "Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law, since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts now accusing, now even defending them" (NIV).

If every manner of people will reign on the earth, and those who don't 'have the law' but are driven by their consciences to obey 'the law', who is anyone to say that certain JW's will not 'make it'? That is up to the Lord who knows our hearts.

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

"Born again" is an experience, not a denomination. There are born again Catholics, Anglicans, Baptists, Methodists....In fact, one could argue that being a Christian at all means you are born again. Some of our most dearly held and respected posters here are born again.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Another 'born-again' here - and no I don't believe all JWs are going to hell either

As far as I'm concerned, if as individuals, they call on the name of the Lord, and they believe in Christ's sacrifice (however warped in our eyes the WTS doctrines on these seem to be!) and that's all they need to do to be saved. If the individual is genuine then the rest - repentance and living a life dedicated to God - will follow naturally.

And other than that, not one human being can say which other human being will be going to hell. I hope this gives you some reassurance

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

There are different types of "born again". However, there are certain "Born Again" sects that display the same cult like attributes of the Watchtower Society. One of my workmates was raised a born again, and when he realised it was a cult was excommunicated and is now shunned by his parents. Similar to many exJWs, his wife left him and the parents side with the Born Again daughter in law and speak to her in preference to their own son.

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

Another 'born-again' here - and no I don't believe all JWs are going to hell either

Same here. I cannot not pretend to know how God will judge. Any person that condems another group needs to seriously look at their bibles again.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

My experience with those who identified themselves as 'Born Again' during the '80's and '90's was that JW's and Mormons were going straight to hell, no question.

I can only say that this group must have softened their viewpoint since.

Another thing; these people always looked and behaved like my old stoner mates! They got the glazed eyes and would TALK. None would listen to what I had to say but I guess that was mutual ;)

• Maddie
    Maddie

The ones that I know personally don't have this attitude and I wouldn't bother talking to them if they did. I can't abide this judgemental attitude that people think they have the authority to judge others in this way?

Maddie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit