IMPORTANT: Elders Mtg at Patterson

by confusa 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome Confusa and Pickled !

I just think that the gov and not necessarily the UN is focusing on religions for all the child molestation going on and since the economy is not doing all that well they are looking into religion organizations to pay taxes to better the economy as much as possible.

The WTBTS would of course be complaining about these issues. As SilentLambs has shed light on the Society's paying off millions to silence their own molestation victims, and no doubt much more of their money will be spent on that. On the subject of taxing, there is the case in France, as well as other countries that already restrict the financial freedom of the Society and other religious organizations.

It will be interesting to find out what is on the agenda at the Elders' School at Patterson. They already had the Branch Overseers' and Traveling Overseers' Schools there for many years now. In my opinion, the previous schools only taught the students how to better toe the FDS line, and how to be more arrogant toward the R&F.

• flyphisher
    flyphisher
    it was announced at the private elder's meeting that there will be a special meeting with all the elders in the US in Patterson. It was mentioned that we are now living "In the End of End of Times" and that the UN is talking about prohibiting religions.

Hi. I think its rather the recent global financial problems (mortgages & subprime crises) .

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

"Now is the time to draw close to the organization"..HARHARHARHAR!!!!...dang,maybe i should have bought those green bananas after all?

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

It's enough to scare me into going back to the meetings, it's so close to the end of the end or they wouldn't be saying such things.

F*CKING LYING EVIL BASTARDS!!!

• Mary
    Mary
    It was mentioned that we are now living "In the End of End of Times" and that the UN is talking about prohibiting religions. Has anyone heard of this???

Gosh, really??!!! I think I'll sell all my belongings and spend the remaining months before Armageddon, in the pioneer work!!

• jakmarx
    jakmarx

Kind of funny that people would actually think that a modern government would "ban Religon" the fact if they wherr going to do such a thing they WOULD not annouce it.

Governments are and always have tried to control greats that threaten there security. FOr example a law on promoting hatred already exists in the UK, along with other laws that effectivly ban "terrorist" organizations.

Many see the current "Islamist" issues as a sign of the inpending doom of organized religon. Yet it is only mainly the Wahhabism section islamic community that really poses this threat. Although the islamic community as hall may partially sympathise for these "extremists" ideals. Generally, its widely accepted that the key to ending these dangerous elements will come from WITHIN Islamic community. The UN would never directly BAN any religon, especially religons that do not have a centralised organization. Attacking would simple stir up more resentment, be that overt military action or economic actions.

Simple put, no government of the world, DO NOT have the capabability to successfully remove or limit a de-centralized religon such as Islam. While it could be said that important componants of such religon could be siezed. Yet we can see today in Jerusalem the effect this has. So again. No government has the capability to BAN RELIGON.

Centralized religons like the Jehovah's Witnesses and even Catholics to some degree could be in a threatended position. Not only from the governments but also by the law. We have seen changes over the years in the structures of these organizations to avoid liability, tax and getting dirty in generally.

Governments limiting freedom of expression is another argument entirely and is under threat worldwide. Yet an outright ban on organize religon seems an unreasonable and expensive thing to do. Maybe an effective ban on money making organized religons, yes.

I could be wrong of course, lots of bad things would have to happen for any goverment to get that desperate. Its worth noting lost of goverments have tried to ban various forms of religons over all the ages of man. Nearly all of failed or led to excessive bloodshed.

• yknot
    yknot

Things rarely happen 'all of a sudden'.....but rather change over a time period.

The UN has been going to ban religion my entire life. Yes it could happen someday but the UN at this time doesn't have the clout.

Besides religion is such a great tool for controling people........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit