IMPORTANT: Elders Mtg at Patterson

by confusa 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

The POs are all going to Paterson for a week of schooling sometime soon. That's been posted on here for some tme.

In JWland it is ALWAYS "the end of the end times," "the last minutes (or seconds) of the last days," etc. I've been hearing that since I became a JW in the 1960s!

The UN banning religion thing is a constant JW rumor/myth. As has been mentioned, it'll never happen.

S4

• 5go
    5go

Since when can the UN do anything much less ban something that a member (vatican city) just happens to be.

• willyloman
    willyloman

When members of a group wake up every day praying for a miracle that will justify what they've been falsely teaching and forecasting for decades, they will grasp at any straw. That's what this dub is doing.

All U.S. elders (English language only) will be required to "go to school" at Blondie points out, above. This is on a staggered schedule with some complicated priority forumula. They've done this before. In 1976 or '77 they brought elders in from all over the country for two weeks of "training." The elder in our old congo returned with no visible evidence of having learned anything new, although his dub cred went way up.

• VM44
    VM44

Is this "Special" elder's meeting really necessary?

• ferret
    ferret

The U.N. does not have the power to ban religion, it would have to be done by the various country governments. I doubt if you will ever see it happen.

Woody

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    "It was mentioned that we are now living "In the End of End of Times" and that the UN is talking about prohibiting religions."

I think that this should be translated to the 'IRS' talking about 'banning' religions... or more appropriately - requiring them to account for their income. This would not go too well with those in Crooklyn... err... I mean Brooklyn.

There have been several other religions that have gotten caught with their hands in the proverbial 'cookie jar' - and I have a feeling that there may be something working its' way through Congress - to make all religions accountable for the monies that they spend.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    The U.N. does not have the power to ban religion

I was wondering the same thing. Seems like the various religions wield more power over the populace than the UN has over the world's countries ...

• VM44
    VM44

Is making religions (actually churches and religious organizations) pay taxes equated with "banning relgions"?

I see no problem with making religious organizations pay taxes. "Pay Caesar's things to Casesar."

Religious leaders get all bent out of shape and defensive though when the subject of taxing churches is brought up.

The Watchtower tells the JWs that Christians pay their taxes, but when France taxes The Watchtower it is a different story altogether with them!

• Hermano
    Hermano

How many times will they cry wolf?????

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

Millions now living will NEVER die!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit