Do you consider your time as a JW wasted time??

by karter 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Detrimental to human life is my evaluation!

• chickpea
    chickpea

total waste .....keeping me in a circumstance with a passive-agressive untrustworthy mate with the counsel to "study the family book together" ( he couldnt be bothered ) and creating a totally miserable environment for my kids to grown up in

but we are all SOOOOO getting over it..... even have a freindlier relationship with the old ball and chain with the b0rg outta the picture.....

working thru the anger so as not to become bitter and waste yet MORE time!!!

• 5go
    5go

The way I see now I would of had about the same experience no matter what faith I belonged to so no it really wasn't a waste. If any thing it help in that I really didn't take as long as some to decide there really isn't another faith to belong to they are all about the same.

http://www.adultswim.com/video/?episodeID=3509203931701bd095ad21384a150b90

• moshe
    moshe

Those 16 years as a JW stunted my career choices and advances . I have nothing positive to say about those years- it was all a big waste.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Being born in it, I never had a girlfreind, never dated, never celebrated anything, never learned anything real, never had freinds in primary or highschool. Then when they kicked me, no family, then 20 years of broken relationships, dejection, guilt, condemnation. I am only truly fighting back now, but it is truly a religion that wastes the human spirit and energy, on complete nonsense.

Some things I guess i'll have to swallow and take to my grave, I haven't even talked about, lost career opportunities, and other avenue of exploration. For all the talking and explaining I've done it hasn't changed my family one iota. Lets face it, they took my life, and had it planned for me, before I was even born, and they planned the next 20 with guilt and bewilderment.

THE NEXT 20 YEARS OR WHAT"S LEFT IS MINE> If I can do even the smallest amount on this forum, in exposing, or to help others to leave, my life will not have been a total waste. I can't be consumed by it of course, I do have a life to live, but I'll bash, and bash all I want. It truly gives me satisfaction. So yes, I guess they have given me a reason to be happy. I'll bash the shit out of em. My new sport. Thanks WTS!

• Maddie
    Maddie

There were some things I learnt from being a JW which I might not of done otherwise but I honestly wish I had never entertained them or even set eyes on them in the first place. The pain, anxiety, fear that I have had because of them has been awful.

Maddie

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I think its made me more independant, outgoing and has enabled me to converse with people about any subject. It has Robbed me of my youth though, and not having had a life because

the new system is around the corner. But there's no use in crying over spilt milk, I now look at life differently and am grateful for the peace I now feel. And look forward to the future with a

positive outlook.

Hope4Others

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Yes, it was a waste of time. There's nothing I learned as a JW that I could not have learned in other ways without all the damaging consequences.

W

• lonelysheep
  • Deidra
    Deidra

Hi. I have never posted at this site before although I have been reading everyone else's posts. I love this site. I can relate to how everyone feels. I too was born into to org. I ABSOLUTELY CONSIDER MY TIME AS A JW WASTED TIME. I have been so emotionally hurt by this man made organization. Emotional scars are hard to heal. I can't seem to get past the pass. I am saved and blessed and savor that. However, my family is still in the organization. Therefore, our family is totally disfunctional. Although I don't communicate with them, it saddens my heart to see their state. It's horrible. The JW organizations destroys individuals, families, lives, hope, and everything good in people. That organization needs to go down. Their lies, double talk, and manipulation is dispicable. Being a well adjusted person---I would pay millions. To have divorced parents, more friends, a college education, and just plain ole self esteem is priceless!!!!!!

Deidra

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit