Do you consider your time as a JW wasted time??

by karter 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• karter
    karter

Many of us have devoted a lot of time and energy to the JW's at the expense of other things like education , planing for retirement , family time just to name a few.

I don't consider it all wasted time there was a lot of good i learnt however I'm doing things now as a JW i never would have.

I don't have the same time pressure and never fell guilty about taking a lot of time out for myself as one elder said to me"if we don't keep you brothers real busy in the work of the kingdom you get swallowed up by the world"

Karter

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

I never would have met my wonderful husband otherwise, so nope, it wasn't all a waste

Betweenworlds

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

yes, I consider it waste of time!

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Most of it was a waste but I don't regret it all because I do know about the Bible and I know now how important it is to continue searching for truth.

• mind my own
    mind my own

Yes, I do consider it a waste of time and I regret almost all of it.

MMO

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Frankly yes and I was born in to it.

All the fear and anxiety and emotional discomfort from the religion, both in and then latter coming out , all for the sake of some lying businessmen in New York city.

The emotional upheaval and grievance this has cause my family is enormous and unforgivable.

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

For a long time I did, being raised as a witness and all, but it really doesn't cross my mind, anymore. If anything, being raised a JW and currently being an XJW, I cherish so many things that others take for granted like sleeping in on Saturday and Sunday mornings....ah...heaven on earth!

• oompa
    oompa

amen sweetface! I feel like sooo much of it was a waste. So I can give a five minute talk on almost any subject in the world on five minutes notice....that can only get you so far in life. I think being a public speaker is easy, but my personality type would have probably made it that way without the never ending ministry school....I did graduate that though, as I don't know anyone else that caused the elders such fear at what I may say on stage that they stopped giving me parts....without me asking!....................................oompa

I love the quiet time I get when my wife goes to all the meetings, but I would rather fix her breakfast, and read the Sunday paper in front of the fireplace...yum...then play scrabble

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

If not for my wife i would say I was robbed of my youth

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

hmmm for a long while I was so bitter and angry that I had wasted my life in that faith - that I stopped myself from doing certain things, loving certain people, but i made my peace with it - It had a part in making me who I am today - and I like who I am today. - I have that real joy they used to speak about by never felt. I do treasure my freedom from relgion, my freedom to think for myself -No one other than an xjw knows/understands that feeling.

And besides I can now do whatever I want, I can love whomever I want.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit