Watchtower figures=New "this Generation" of anionted Armagedon by 2048!

by Witness 007 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• VM44
    VM44

There is a reason the Awake! issues only go back to 1970 on the WT CD library! :)

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

They have a spin and a answer for everything , oh wait a second I see some new light coming, well they got to keep those sales up don't they

This isn't free volunteer work $$$

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

anyone got an icon banging head in total frustration.

• justhuman
    justhuman

THEY JUST BYING MORE TIME...TO SAVE THEIR ASSES FROM THE MESS THEY PUT THEIR SELVES INTO

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I am going to hold them to their original definition of a "generation". I will define it as the group of people in their prime of life during the original prediction of Jesus' coming in 1874. That has long since come and gone, since anyone in the prime of life in 1874 to see Jesus not show up is dead today. Any attempt to alter that meaning will be rebutted by reference to the original, which I will continue to hold them to.

Not to mention that 1914 was a dirty rotten lie, too.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Wasn't Jesus talking about "the generation" to witness the destruction of Jerusalem in 587 BCE?

• Gopher
    Gopher
    Wasn't Jesus talking about "the generation" to witness the destruction of Jerusalem in 587 BCE?

Sacolton, if you mean the destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans in 70CE (within 40 years after Jesus was quoted), then I'd be inclined to agree.

• 5go
    5go

Memorial partakers 1973 = 10,350

2005= 8,524 How many of these old folks can hang on!!

I got the new figure though not with me. If I remember right 9,105 so they apear to be mating now.

• VM44
    VM44

Not to mention that 1914 was a dirty rotten lie, too.

Some JWs claim that The Watchtower predicted World War I!

("Something's gonna happen in 1914!..aha...World War I started in 1914!...therefore we predicted World War I.")

• sir82
    sir82

("Something's gonna happen in 1914!..aha...World War I started in 1914!...therefore we predicted World War I.")

Oh it's much worse than that. The predictions were far more specific than "something big is gonna happen". More along the lines of "Armageddon will definitely come by 1914 at the very latest, no escape, all governments to be overthrown, join us now or risk the consequences".

100 years later, with that generation entirely gone, it is of course quite easy to hand-wave and claim that the "Armageddon's going to happen" prediction was really a "something's going to happen".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit