Watchtower figures=New "this Generation" of anionted Armagedon by 2048!

by Witness 007 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I cant believe they are doing this AGAIN.

Watchtower Study Edition. Feb 15 2008 p.25 {Box} "Can we Calculate the length of this Generation?" - "The word generation usually refers to people of various ages, who's lives overlap during a time period or event....the exact length of that time cannot be stated except that it does have an end AND WOULD NOT BE EXCESSIVELY LONG....Jesus did not leave his disciples a formula to determine when the last days would end....they would not know "the day nor the hour."

So, the normal youngest anionted person would be 45-50 years old, you can say that Armagedon should come at least in the next 40 years. there are no anointed in thier 30's that at least I know of. I hope to live to see the "generation" doctrine change one more time.

Watchtower 2048 Feb 15 "This Generation refers to those of the "Great Crowed" who saw the moon landing...."

• uninformed
    uninformed
    the exact length of that time cannot be stated except that it does have an end AND WOULD NOT BE EXCESSIVELY LONG....Jesus did not leave his disciples a formula to determine when the last days would end....they would not know "the day nor the hour."

Now they tell us!

Brant

• heathen
    heathen

LOL yah they continue with the same mind set even though they've been wrong every time .The scripture did not promise eternal life to the "generation" , they saw the restoration of pure worship , if there is any pure worship, Then they pass away , it goes on to say "when you see all these things , know that he is near at the doors, then budda bing the kingdom arrives , Mathew 24:33 . no one knows the hour or day.

• moshe
    moshe

The National Enquirer sees the future better than the old Geezers at bethel-

• choosing life
    choosing life

It's a repeating formula for disaster. They just keep suckering them in. Another "generation" wastes their lives in servitude.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Evolution of the WT.doctrines is necessary to maintain the illusion of power and authority

• Bryan
    Bryan

Unfortunately, what the mind numbed dubs should be wondering, is 'What did the word "generation" mean 2000 years ago when Jesus said'? NOT TODAY!

Idiots.

Bryan

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Memorial partakers 1973 = 10,350

2005= 8,524 How many of these old folks can hang on!!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Dear Watchtower Society:

You told me and many other young people in the May 22, 1969 Awake issue:

If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. Of the generation that observed the beginning of the ‘last days’ in 1914, Jesus foretold: ‘This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur.’ Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers.

You lied to my generation about the end of the world. So I put off getting a proper higher education, and now I am in mid-career almost 4 decades later.

HOW DARE you publish more lies and insinuations about the word "generation".

Screw you, Watchtower.

• VM44
    VM44

If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. Of the generation that observed the beginning of the ‘last days’ in 1914, Jesus foretold: ‘This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur.’ Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers.

This simple quotation from a 1969 Awake! proves that The Watchtower (which publishes The Awake!) simply is wrong concerning its (not Jehovah's) interpretation of the Bible.

The above Awake! statements are simply WRONG! Will The Watchtower take responsibility for what it wrote in 1969? I don't think so.

I say, the quotation stands on its own, and shows exactly how one should view the material that The Watchtower publishes.

--VM44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit