Watchtower Question from readers= Slams hunting??? Why???

by Witness 007 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Great. So I guess this would get me DF'ed. The chase was quite thrilling, as was the kill.

Edited: Not too smart, putting up pictures. DOH

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

I grew up in a hall where the dominant family was obsessed with hunting. I'd go over to their house and see all kinds of trophies on the wall: deer heads, antlers, fish, you name it. All the heads of these families made up most of the elder body. Oh, and when hunting season arrived, they all missed meetings for it.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Nearly all Brothers that I know love fishing.......and bragging about the "one that got away, how big it was" Isn't bragging what us men do best. Now it's a Watchtower semi-sin.

• VM44
    VM44

"Some who hunt or fish for food may feel justified in putting aside spiritual matters during hunting and fishing seasons. However, we show faith and trust in God when we do not let anything take priority of his interests."

This is PURE GARBAGE!! The Writer is a HYPOCRITE!!!

Why do I say this? Because I have heard from people who have served at Bethel that one's work assignment takes PRIORITY over spiritual activities!!!!!

Very Bad!

• oompa
    oompa

"Some who hunt or fish for food may feel justified in putting aside spiritual matters during hunting and fishing seasons. However, we show faith and trust in God when we do not let anything take priority of his interests."

So Gods main interest is us what? Letting one of his creations...deer take over the frikkin world? Who the hell here is saying what Gods interests are? I sure as hell dont think he cares if we miss some meetings!! Especially if we are out there harvesting the fish and animals he put here for what?.............A$$HOLES!............oompa

• justhuman
    justhuman

THE GB ARE LUNATICS...THEY SHOULD BE LOCKED IN AN ASYLUM...

They even went to ban fishing!!!!

Okey I don't like hunting, I like fishing since I live in an Island. So is wrong to go fishing? It is a personal opinion. Some might like to hunt deers, or wild pigs. and others like fishing. It is a matter of taste.

WT IS BECOMING MORE AND MORE STRICT IN EVERY ASPERCT OF A JW LIFE.

THEY LIKE TO CONTROL EVERY SINGLE MINUTE OF THEIR BLIND FOLLOWERS

ALL THEY ARE ASKING FROM THEM IS:

MEETINGS-MEETINGS-MEETINGS

FIELD SERVICE-FIELD SERVICE-FIELD SERVICE

READING THE WT MAGAZINE- READING THE WT MAGAZINE

I just can't understand how come 6.500.000 people blindly follow the Lunatics of the GB, that they are controling every aspect of their life. What are the proper clothes to wear, what is the proper music to hear, what is the proper way to have vaccations, what is the proper way to have sex, what is the most proper Christian toilet.....

My God I'm so glad that I got out from them and I'm free human

• siy
    siy

just turn it around on them call it "culling" under the banner of environmental management

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Let's see if there are any other common activities that can take away from meetings and/or field circus:

(1) Shopping. One cannot be out in field circus while in the store getting food. And it would betray a lack of faith in Baghead to shop, when Baghead can provide the items.

(2) Getting the car fixed. That could cause someone to miss a boasting session or field circus if they are slow, run into complications, the job is lengthy, there are other customers ahead of you, or if they need to order a part. You must run it as is, trusting that Jehovah Baghead will keep it running.

(3) Sleeping. If only people didn't need that damn time for sleep, they could put another 4 or 5 hours a day in field circus.

(4) Secular employment (already being told to quit full time work and work part time). If people trusted in Jehovah, they could quit their jobs and put the 20 hours a week in field circus.

(5) Going to the doctor or dentist when appropriate. Whether one is in for natural or orthodox treatment, it takes time to make an appointment, get the exam, and take the treatment. You need faith in Jehovah Baghead to heal you.

(6) Any education. Children should be satisfied with the "education(??)" that the Theocraptic Misery "School(??)" and the Asleep! magazine provide. That way, they can start pioneering as soon as they are baptized at age 6. Preschoolers can also become unbaptized publishers instead of going to nursery school. Time that would have been spent in school should be spent in field circus.

I wonder what the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger is going to come up with next.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Notice how they're not opposed to hunting because it's violent or cruel or shows disregard for the lives of animals, they're fine with it in principle as long as you don't get competitive about it or miss meetings. So it's not really hunting they're against, it's having fun. But we already knew that!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

It is all about time and control. For every hour a witness is hunting is an hour they are not out in service, at meetings, or family study.

And besides, some people actually enjoy hunting. A good witness cant be doing anything that qualifies as entertainment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit