~Beloved landmarks from your hometown~

by FlyingHighNow 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Funky D. It's my dream to go to Ireland and the other British Isles.
    I think some Irish folks might find that statement contentious! LOL!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I think some Irish folks might find that statement contentious! LOL!

Yes, I guess it depends on what part of Ireland and whether or not they are Catholic or Protestant. Maybe I should say, Ireland and the British Isles.

Santa Barbra is supposed to be gorgeous.

• maxwell
    maxwell

FHN, yes, the Mississippi River, largest river in the US, but you probably know that being in Louisiana.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Flying,

So, did you become a mathmatician? Math is my weakest subject.

Obviously not.

It was mine however. I remember a school report in which next to my maths entry, the teacher wrote: 'Cheerfully incompetent'.

HS

HS

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I hope I can visit Ireland someday.

Those are landmarks!

Cheers.

Burn

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

An INfamous landmark near me is this piece of $h.. I mean this great architectual wonder.........

• Mincan
    Mincan
    Mincan - that has to be one of my favourite places on the planet.

Mine too. In good weather, I go to Niagara Falls at least a couple times a day.

My favourite spot on the planet is behind the whirlpool in the secluded little bay, people go there to fish and stuff. To get to it, you have to walk/climb up/down this ravine that is what's left of an ancient river that met the Niagara there and that's why the river turns 90 degrees here. Its gorgeous.

If anyone from this board wants to visit Niagara Falls they may stay at my place for free as long as they wish.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Now this wonderful landmark is just one mile from my home. In fact, I can see the top of one of the rides from my backyard and in the summer.......on certain nights,I can hear the steel wheels of one of the roller coasters.

It has been called the Roller Coaster Capital Of The World.

Kennywood Park.

http://www.kennywood.com/

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Mincan you could just find yourself with a visitor one day.

Last time I was there I posed for a topless shot just above the falls for a laugh. All these tourists milling past. LOL!

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

We had one of these years before the French 'invented' them!! (Could do with putting it back into active service too!)

The town centre

Wainhouse tower - was a working factory chimney, but the owner had a staircase built to the top between the flue and outer wall - allegedly so he could spy on the neighbouring mill owner! View from the top is fantastic and its said that on an absolutely clear day, you can see Blackpool Tower.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit