~Beloved landmarks from your hometown~

by FlyingHighNow 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Oh my God Ipsec! They are gorgeous. I'm coming to your neck of the woods! I just love those dinghy things that the people are floating in. Totally idyllic.

Mincan - that has to be one of my favourite places on the planet. I cried like a baby when I went there. It was so beautiful and overwhelming to be able to hear nothing but the torrents and washed with spray.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

My old birth-town:

Calle Ocho Festival, lots of landmarks:

Miami skyline:

My current hometown:

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

This is as good as it gets in my hometown. Unbelievably they were demolished causing much local anguish.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7970415@N07/484335752/sizes/l/

• Xena
    Xena

Capital in Austin

Floor of it from the inside

looking up inside

running thru texas bluebonnets

pedernales falls

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Mincan, is that Niagra Falls? I have never been there. I'd love to see them, hear the rush of water and feel the spray on my face. I love the ocean, rivers, waterfalls. Water has such energy and I always feel a lift when I am near it.

BTS, I really love the sunset picture. Florida would be grand right now. It's zero out and I got my car caught in the snow this morning taking Julian to school. Brrrr. Growing up on the Gulf coast, I only saw snow once in 12 years.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

FlyingHighNow...where are you from in michigan?? I am in Grand Blanc. No great land marks here. Just the bridge.

NMG

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Michigan? Brrrrrr!

I hear you guys are really hurting up there with the jobs too. But thats for another thread LOL.

Burn

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

This is in the next town over from where I grew up. There were no historic landmarks in my town.

http://fairbankshouse.org/

Oldest wood frame house in the North East.... interesting place to visit... went there often when I was a kid.

Coffee

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

The Grand Rapids area. We have the Weather Ball. The original was in downtown Grand Rapids. The new one is north of town off 131.

The color of the neon lights tells what the weather will be. Blue is cooler, red is warmer and green is no change. If it's flashing, there will be precipitation. alt

</form>

View hansendm's map Taken in a place with no name (See more photos here)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Peppermint, those are gorgeous, why did they demolish them?

Xena, Austin is one of the more gorgeous places in Texas. There were oceans of Bluebonnets when Carrie was born in March of 1979 in Houston. I will always cherish bluebonnets.

Coffee Black, that makes me feel kind of Revolutinary Warish.

The job situation in Michigan stinks. Knoxville is much better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit