Reinstatement to inactivity.

by R.F. 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

LOL...Hoverovah, he did it so you could get twice as much face that is sweet

Are you complaining?

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I have seen this numerous times in my life as a faithful dub. I rarely saw the reinstated go back to an active member.

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

This is what I ended up doing, though I didn't know it at the time. I mean, when I was going through the reinstatement process I was just planning on staying in for good. The only problem was that I hated it, all of it, so much, especially the way all elders and pioneers treated me (making comments constantly that it was basically a matter of time before I slipped up again). Then when they decided to disfellowship other immediate family members, I had had enough.

At first I thought I had wasted years spent writing long heartfelt reinstatement request letters, sitting in judicial committee meetings to report on every minute detail so as to hopefully be deemed worthy of being one of them again, and all of the other stupid hoops they make you jump through in order to be reinstated, especially if you are a "repeat offender" like me. But then I came here, and realized that it would work in my favor to be technically a Witness, according to their logic, but inactive (I do NOT consider myself a Jehovah's Witness in any way). I do believe my mom would feel too guilty to even accept my phone calls if I were disfellowshipped, so it does work to my benefit to simply have faded after being reinstated (it wasn't right after the reinstatement announcement was made, but about a year later).

Anyway, hope my personal experience is helpful information, R.F. I have heard people make comments about people getting baptized so that they could get married, and in fact I am pretty sure that's what my former friends did...

Maybe this should be a thread of its own but I always found it funny/odd that so many people I knew married "worldy" people, and then their "unbelieving mate" converted to JWism later, but yet they would all say to me that I should NOT do that. How hypocritical! Anyone else notice this? (They would say that because there was a major shortage of decent guys my age to marry, and it sucked, because that's about the only thing for a JW woman to do when she's 20, you know?)

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

No sweetface just a point of curiosity , and RF is a guy , thats weird !

Hope all is going well

• XOCO
    XOCO

R.F. Good topic

Maybe this should be a thread of its own but I always found it funny/odd that so many people I knew married "worldy" people, and then their "unbelieving mate" converted to JWism later, but yet they would all say to me that I should NOT do that. How hypocritical! Anyone else notice this? (They would say that because there was a major shortage of decent guys my age to marry, and it sucked, because that's about the only thing for a JW woman to do when she's 20, you know?)

YES GR, their is a couple in my hall that are in this position right now. for some reason i thought that it was not wrong to marry someone in the truth but its just not recommended i never saw any WT articles about this if anybody have references of this let me know?. with the girl (JW) marrying the worldly man he was forced to become a dub. but all of a sudden he likes being a dub...Humm i wonder why. anyway now that he got his wife all knocked up he really feels that he is going to have a happy family because i became a dub.. i'm just not going to be surprised of what the results are going to turn out to be.

XOCO

• MMae
    MMae

"At first I thought I had wasted years spent writing long heartfelt reinstatement request letters"

OH MY GOD! Why don't they come out with a handbook about how to get re-instated! Could have saved me all these years of rejection if I only KNEW the steps involved!

Seriously, when the elders told me that it was customary to write a letter expressing my desire to be reinstated, I took them at their word. To my recollection, my letter was little more than a note so as to comply with their instructions. I spoke from my heart at the meeting I had with them. As it was, I moved to a nearby city at the same time of my disfellowshipping. The elders from my new congregagtion seemed very happy that I should be asking to be re-instated after the usual amount of time had passed. They also explained that they would have to consult with elders from the congregation from which I had been disfellowshipped. I wasn't worried about this. Why should I be? This is God's organization. Jehovah could read my heart, and would guide these elders as they prayed together over my soul! I was truly shocked when the elders told me that "WE don't bellieve that you are repentant for your actions." (I have to tell you that the brothers delivering this message looked like they were ashamed to be telling me this.)

NOW I SEE! If I had GROVELED in my letter, then the elders from the first congregation would be sufficiently satisfied that I met the needed requirements to be allowed back in. (i.e. Submissive as a licked puppy.)

Now that that is as clear as mud, I wonder if I would have eventually faded? I am inclined to think not. I'm just that loyal. WOW, maybe JAH did direct those brothers after all.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have actually had this happen with the person I studied with. He got disfellowshipped a few years after I got dragged in. After his reinstatement, he was inactive within a few months. Then he went back to activity a couple of years later. His activity has been inconsistent. Yet, while he was active, I would be hounded to go to every boasting session, and pioneer.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I'm thinking Gumby, bless his big bendy heart....

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I no someone who sat there such along time. I think he just wanted to have a relationship with his kids since he was divorced and his mom. I can't image the tremendous

pressure to sit at the back of the hall, people giving you those plastic little smiles. I faded so long ago it seems now, I'm glad not to have had do go through such an ordeal. But I

really feel for those who have been df'd.

Hope4Others

• Maddie
    Maddie

Yes I know someone who got reinstated and then didn't go any more, and she was shunned any way. I don't know if she thought that once she was reinstated but didn't attend everyone would still treat her okay.

Maddie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit