Reinstatement to inactivity.

by R.F. 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• R.F.
    R.F.

A person is disfellowshipped, works hard to get reinstated and once they finally are, they go straight to inactivity and you almost never see them in the Kingdom Hall again. When I was an active JW I couldn't understand why a person would go through the process of reinstatement only to become inactive. I understand why now , and I think it may happen more than I realize.

How many of you have seen this happen quite a bit or perhaps done it yourself?

• Open mind
    Open mind

Plenty of times.

It's cousin is the "Get Baptized. Marry a JW. Disappear."

technique.

This technique was even mentioned in the Watchtower.

OM

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Why do you suppose this happens quite often R.F. ?

You've probably have been asked this before but how come you use the same avatar as Sweetface ?

Are you the same person ?

• R.F.
    R.F.

I was at a DC a couple of years ago watching the baptisms and there was someoen sitting behind me. They said..."Becky Lynn and Sammy Sue(don't know their real names) just got baptized, now they can marry those two brothers." I was a faithful little dubbie back then and was appalled by it of course, but don't couldn't care less now. It's funny how I was so oblivious to some of the "walk away from the org" tactics back then. lol

Homerovah:

Why are you using Homer Simpson as your avatar? Are you the same person?

• prophecor
    prophecor
    ...."Get Baptized. Marry a JW. Disappear." technique.

So was this why I felt ill at ease when the literature described those who would rob the Kingdom Halls of thier precious pioneer sisters?

Honestly, I felt at a loss because the sisters would allow you to pay them attention, but the society stated there were those presently serving, who were truly, not, to be trusted. "Even among our own Bretheren?"

I soon began to question my motives. I mean, if it wasn't me, why should I be offended?

I was, regardless.

• Smoky
    Smoky

i've seen it before, a brotha gets disfellowshiped, starts going to all the meeting, six months later he gets reinstated, then disappears in less than a month.

I see this guy from time to time, i haven't had a chance to ask 'why go through all that, just to leave again?' Next time i see him, i'll ask.

i personally believe that he didi not want to be shunned by his family, so once he got reinstated, he just faded instead.

smoky

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Sorry if I offended you in asking about your avatar, just curios !

I would still like to know ?

By the way the Homerovah thing is a stab at satirical humor.

Yes I'm following on your thread topic, there seems to be something that is not present with other religions and that of course is Disfellowshipping.

This is of course is a big reason why you see people quickly jump back in, only to quickly jump back out again, particularly so when the individual has family

members that are witnesses. In other words it avails them the chance to fade away without having that DF hanging over their heads.

My nephew has just done that recently, come to think about it.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

I was a classic. Got df'd. 3rd time. Got re-married. Got re-instated after 2 years out.Went to meetings for 4 more months and faded since. I still have 2 sons and a grand son I need to be able to see. Fading works for me.

NMG

• R.F.
    R.F.

No offense taken at all, I was just joking with you Homerovah.

Sweetface and I are good friends, so it was just a cool thing to use her avatar I guess.

Smoky, that definitely sounds like the reason your friend did it. I know going through the reinstatement process has to be a real drag. I sympathize for anyone that goes through it.

• Mary
    Mary
    How many of you have seen this happen quite a bit or perhaps done it yourself?

Yep....I know someone who done this very thing......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit