what do you think about greg stafford?

by hamilcarr 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    hey hamill...a few of the JW's here in Scotland are well aware of him and the JW's defended book

Scotland is Europe? ;-) Stafford adds intellectual clothing to basic JW theology. Something even the GB is not capable of (anymore). Burn

• Dagney
    Dagney

I don't think most USA JW's are aware of him, unless you are on the internet.

I think it's great he changed his mind. What's wrong with changing your mind on what you believe?

• Dead Man Joaquin
    Dead Man Joaquin

It's sad the WT has alienated the last truly capable scholar they had. The GB doesn't even make a serious attempt at apologeticism anymore. He was the only chance they had left to be taken seriously. Oh well... it was only a matter of time.

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr
    How big of a role do you think the debate with James White played?

I think it played a role in the confined community of apolegists. James White put a small part of the debate on his YouTube account (4000 views). I think he has some good standing among 'thinking christians', he's apparently among the few JW's taken seriously.

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr
    Scotland is Europe? ;-)

I also thought Europe stopped at Hadrian's wall :-)))

• thepackage
    thepackage

greg's a nice guy, very smart, and fun. I don't agree with him on many things. he used to hang out with a buddy of mine and they came down my house a few times for a couple of beers. some of his family went to the same KH i used to go to.

• iloowy
    iloowy

Greg has launched a redesigned web page at

http://elihubooks.com

His third edition of Jehovah's Witnesses Defended

is due to be published in October 2008.

Has anyone heard of developments in his

standing with the WT. Is he in or out?

• yknot
    yknot

I think each person who wakes up and admits to themselves they don't believe the WTS...... deals with it in their own way.

This is his current way of dealing with the loss of faith. His way of trying to make sense of everything.

• Dagney
    Dagney

From what I understand he is busy with his personal life and the work he was doing on the website.

He's a very nice, intelligent guy trying to figure out his faith. As far as I know, and I would probably would hear about it, there has been no judicial action as of yet.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

He like many are still trying to figure out what they believe. It is a shame he is trying to attract so many to follow after him.

Just like Russell, Rutherford, Ghandi, and so many others Greg is still searching and the pawns follow him like sheep. he is a man with doubts, uncertainties and best guesses. I don't wish him any ill will but people need to realize he is searching just like they are with no solid answers.

People just need to do what they feel they should. Beyond that is simply human conjecture.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit