what do you think about greg stafford?

by hamilcarr 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

It seems Greg Stafford has disassociated himself from the Watchtower Society?

Do you think his new attempt to reform the society - he claims that 'Christian Witnesses of Jah' are Jehovah's Witnesses - stands a chance to spur on changes or is he just 'forging' another split group that will fade out quickly?

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

I don't know the man, but seeing as he tries to reform JWs, it is clear that he has bought into what he has been taught by them, although not all of it.

All sects, denominations, and religions are like branches and twigs on an ever growing tree (like some other process I know of). I'm not convinced neither God nor Truth is at the stem or root of that tree unfortunately. Greg's "new religion" will be an insignificant twig on a side branch way out on one side of that tree - just like the original JWs before it.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I don't think Greg Stafford has enough influence to do anything other than make a small dent. A few may hear what he has to say and leave but I think that is it. As for his own split group, I don't think it will go anywhere.

Burn

• Honesty
    Honesty

He clings to the apostate doctrines taught to Jehovah's Witnesses by the demonised Governing Body.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Greg, who?

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr
    He clings to the apostate doctrines taught to Jehovah's Witnesses by the demonised Governing Body.

Are you referring to the rejection of deity of Christ and the use of God's name as revealed in OT manuscripts? I think it would be very embarrassing for him to change his mind after writing JW Defended and debating with Dr. White on these matters. Besides, the GB have no full control over these doctrines - that would give them too much honor - anti-trinitarianism has remained an alternative to mainstream christianity until the fourth century.

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr
    Greg, who?

I don't know what his status is in the States, but in Europe he's totally unknown (at least, among JWs).

• ninja
    ninja

hey hamill...a few of the JW's here in Scotland are well aware of him and the JW's defended book

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

hey ninja, well I should have said continental Europe

how do these JWs react to the latest developments? maybe a strange question, do you think it is possible JW Defended is to become forbidden literature because of Stafford's independent mind?

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

hamilcarr

I think it would be very embarrassing for him to change his mind after writing JW Defended and debating with Dr. White on these matters.

How big of a role do you think the debate with James White played?

It was a while back, and I remember this being discussed on the Dividing Line. I can't believe it's taken this long.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit