My uncle is dying

by Bumble Bee 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

My mom just called me and told me my uncle is dying. He has Aplastic Anemia and only has between 2 and 14 days left to live. The only treatment for Aplastic Amenia is Bone Marrow or Cord Blood transplant, which we all know he can't have. Apparently he was told that even with the treatment, his prognosis is not good.

I'm not sure how I feel about his dying. We've never been very close, my dad was always the "black sheep" of the family, had been DF'd, was never an Elder or MS, inactive for many years, and my uncle was the uber Elder. He was less than civil to my DF'd brother at our fathers (his brother) funeral. The last time I saw him was three years ago, I invited him out for a BBQ and never heard from him again. While it's not like his passing will leave a whole in my life, it's more the fact that this was my fathers only sibling, and with him gone, it's like it's the last link to my father. Even though they were nothing alike (my dad was warm and loving, my uncle was cold), they were very alike in looks. When I last saw my uncle it was two years after my dad died and it was just like he was here with me again, they looked so much alike.

My mom is going to go see him on Wednesday and I think I'm going to go with her, to say goodbye.

BB

• dinah
    dinah

Sorry to hear that, BB.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

So you were right, it was bad news. I am so sorry. I haven't seen my uncles in years, no JW's, but I would mourn them if they died. Let me know if I can do anything.

Chaunte'

• prophecor
  • Dagney
    Dagney

Sorry about your uncle BB.

I hope you have a pleasant visit. That alone shows you have the spirit of Christianity which I hope warms his heart in his last days.

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

Aww, I'm so sorry BB.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Sorry!

God bless.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

I'm sorry BB.

This is an emotional nexus, could be a mess. IT is difficult to keep a clear head when our emotions get all distorted. Just remember that we all are who we are, and if he's been distant and cold his whole life, then he is likely not to change. Don't let that hurt you. But as you are who you are, it is only in your nature to be kind and reach out. To forget is human, to forgive is divine so they say. I don't really know what to tell you, but I'll be thinking of you.

• Gopher
    Gopher

It's important that you be there. May you have strength.

• llbh
    llbh

i am so sorry BB

That is so so sad

David

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit