by AK - Jeff 23 Replies latest social physical

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

http://www.artedojo.com/zazen.htm

I haven't tried it yet - but I might.

Jeff

• Layla33
    Layla33

I practice ZanZen every morning, as I am Zen Buddhist. I practice other forms of meditation, as well.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Most mornings, most evenings. Particularly after a bad night (if I wake with high anxiety), readies me for a day of service.

In the evenings, it clears the floss of the day and often sets me up for a peaceful night's rest.

Keeps me centered, and feeling connected to [whatever word you want to put here, I certainly can't name it with authority.]

• Satanus
    Satanus

I am told that what i do is similar to zazen.

S

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It probably takes a long time to quiet the mind.

I think this could be good, but I would imagine that doing this lying down before
    sleeping could be just the same. I suppose the act of not letting yourself go to
    sleep would be "doing something" so I can't see the problem with ending the
    day with ZAZEN.

• tula
    tula

The Breath

I will tell you more about this icon later.

This "zazen" is not a good thing.

Zazan teaching: "The wind moves but the mountain does not move" ???

Mountain is not a living thing. Mountain is STONE and COLD. Like a JW. Like WTS dictates.

A man who is free will be like a living tree, and bend in the wind.

A living tree will give you food and shade.

A mountain will give you nothing.

Tula

• poppers
    poppers
    Zazan teaching: "The wind moves but the mountain does not move" ???

Tula, find that in you which doesn't move - that's what you are. It's there if you look for it. The "wind" is the mind moving, what you actually are doesn't. "You" are actually the witness to the movement of mind, the non-moving "mountain" that is steady and still. From this non-moving reality of what you are all life springs and takes movement. Where would "life" on the mountain be if not for the mountain itself?

• tula
    tula
    From this non-moving reality of what you are all life springs

That sounds as much like watchtower double speak as anything else.

from this non-moving reality (Non-moving= non-active=dead)

all life springs (life from something non-moving ? life from something dead?)

All the answers come from the FDS.

Oh. O.K. that sounds all right.

Everyone else in the room here seems to believe it. I dont hear any objections.

If 6 million people believe it, there must be something to it.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Tula: Zazen is sitting quietly in a state of non-judgemental awareness. That may not be as exciting to your mind as stirring up wild fantasies of dangerous conspiracies that are going to change the world, but it can bring an inner peace that far excels such fleeting titillation. Try it sometime. You may be amazed!

Cog

• parakeet
    parakeet

Tula, try reading a few books that attempt to explain Zen and meditation practice. I recommend Alan Watts' "The Way of Zen." It's a difficult concept to explain, but Watts does the best job of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit