If "You Think Darwin Sounds Like A Nazi, There Is A Connection"

by BurnTheShips 57 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

That's good advice HS, and not just for me. ;-)

Yes, amen.

Sylvia

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Burn,

Beware the Wikipedia Factor and beware an inability to deal with ones own agenda.

That's good advice HS, and not just for me. ;-)

I think you highlighted the incorrect phrase? It is good advice for anyone who has an INABILITY to deal with their personal agenda, normally evidenced by their 'cherry-picking' the information that fits their agenda and ignoring or discounting facts that are at odds with their personal beliefs. This is part of the Wikipedia Factor. Cheers - HS

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I think you highlighted the incorrect phrase? It is good advice for anyone who has an INABILITY to deal with their personal agenda, normally evidenced by their 'cherry-picking' the information that fits their agenda and ignoring or discounting facts that are at odds with their personal beliefs. This is part of the Wikipedia Factor.

There, I hope that fixes it! ;-)

• Caedes
    Caedes

BTS,

Hats off to you.

• inkling
    inkling

I'm glad to see reasonablness at work on this board.

Not sure if anyone checked out that link I posted eariler, but if you need a laugh, give it a view.

It's Ricky Gervais talking about Nietzsche and Hitler. Disturbingly hillarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUH1H-b-N5o

[ink]

• quietlyleaving
  • BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I watched it Ink, funny!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

In my exploration of Nietzche in recent months I have learned that his ideas were misrepresented and sold to the service of Nazism by his daughter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit