Can someone answer this question please?

by Anti-Christ 13 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

I am trying to figure out to whom the Kingdom Halls belong. If they belong to the WTS then that would be a nice scam on there part, well another one to add to the list.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The Kingdom Hall belongs to one of the congregations that meet there. Officially, names of some of
    the elders are listed as trustees to the property. Typically, the congregation that held the territory of
    the property at the time of building is listed as the owner.

WT's catch is this- they have the C.O. include a report of the condition of the building and property,
    recommending when it should be remodeled or even torn down or sold. Even if the WT doesn't loan
    money to the local congregations or if their loan is paid back, they insist on using the Regional Building
    Committee to do any work on the hall. Basically, the local brothers cannot do anything major without
    WT approval somehow.

Also- The WT can decide to dissolve a congregation. Should the congregation holding a property be
    totally dissolved, the ownership of the property would go to the WTS corporation (I don't know exactly
    which sub-corporation would get it.) Congregations
    that are dissolved are swallowed up by another set of congregations or just one other. The Halls are
    either kept or the money from the property is passed to remaining congregations. BUT, that is not always the
    case. Sometimes, the money goes back to WTS. If the dissolved cong. is totally split up, there might not
    be a need for a hall in that area anymore, and the building is sold for WTS. This will happen more and more
    over the next several years, as growth is nearly finished for WTS in many areas.

• TopHat
    TopHat

All religion has one scam or another. They are all crooks.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Thank you for the answer OTWO. I figured that was the case. I think it's a good scam because the lend the money ( with interest of course) to build it, people build it on a voluntary basis and they can dissolve the cong. if they want to and sell the hall. Did not cost them one dime, all profit. Nice.

All religion has one scam or another. They are all crooks.

I agree but it is still fun to figure out the details. Religion is a scam in my opinion.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I don't have a problem with the well-meaning religion that loans out money
    at a slight interest to allow locals to have their place of worship.

WTS is not a well-meaning religion. They let the locals do all the fund-raising
    and continue to manipulate the whole situation.

They are the ones who decide who can be a congregation. They approve or
    disapprove of every congregation, it's location, the type of building they will
    have, when they need to remodel, who will do the building and remodeling.
    They only allow the locals to decide the color scheme and how to feed the
    free labor force that works on the place.

While I never realized this fully while I was loyal to them, I can see now that
    it is all part of their real purpose. The WTS is in existence to perpetuate the
    WTS itself, and support the lives of the leaders. All good intentions and good
    results of their expansion program are secondary to their real purpose.

• tula
    tula

The Kingdom Halls belong to Satan's Kingdom.

Who owns satan's kingdom?

Seek and ye shall find.

Tula

• RR
    RR

The reason for this is that many years ago, back in the 1970s, I believe in Texas. There was a congregation where some of the elders apostcized. The congregation split in two with one pro Society and others dissenters. The Society attempted to remove the dissenters as they were meeting in the hall as a separate congregation. As a result because the elders who apostacized were listed as the trustees and owners of the Hall, they took control of the hall, the the pro-Watchtower congregation left when they found suitable accomendations for themselves.

Since then, the Society has changed how Kingdom Halls are run and owned.

RR

• cognac
    cognac
    The reason for this is that many years ago, back in the 1970s, I believe in Texas. There was a congregation where some of the elders apostcized. The congregation split in two with one pro Society and others dissenters. The Society attempted to remove the dissenters as they were meeting in the hall as a separate congregation. As a result because the elders who apostacized were listed as the trustees and owners of the Hall, they took control of the hall, the the pro-Watchtower congregation left when they found suitable accomendations for themselves.

ROTFLOL!!!!!!!! I was just gonna ask about that... What if they decided to just sell it and pocket the money? Could they do that???

• free2beme
    free2beme

They are owned by the WTBS corporation.

• RR
    RR

Here's a PDF file, it's a copy of a paper by the Society titled INFORMATION REGARDING OWNERSHIP OF KINGDOM HALLS, and dated September 2003

http://www.dirtclod.com/2003-09-01-KH-Ownership.pdf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit