My eulogy for my father yesterday

by LennyinBluemont 23 Replies latest jw friends

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

Lenny and Karen, I am so sorry about your father. You both know I love you very much and am grateful for the life you have helped me lead today. If it weren't for the two of you, for all I know, I may be back at the meetings right now. I owe my freedom and peace to you. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU!!

Your adopted daughter,

Crissy

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Lenny - Condolences on your loss. I wish I could have been there. Well done - well said. Journey on well.

Jeff

• myababes
    myababes

lenny I am so sorry for the loss of your father. the heartache you feel with the loss of your parents is something that is hard at the best of times but especialy for you it is more poignant.

My uncle (non JW) died last year but I had not seen him for many years. We never really had a lot of contact with my mums family over the years as they were all non JW's and apparently you know how it it goes always seemed to be too busy in the "truth" to make any time to spend with them.

Anyway my mum(JW) died a couple of years ago so when my uncle died I was the only non JW member left and I felt I had to build bridges and meet up with my aunts/uncles and cousins and try and make ammends for the lost years.

What a fantastic welcome we got they never held any grudges re the fact that this was the first time I had had contact with them in donkey years. Had not seen my cousins in 38 years and just seen my aunt/uncle at the odd funeral over the years. it was as if the years had just rolled away, but duing the day and seeing how the family was made me reflect on the time we had missed with this side of my family and I felt really sad.

At least i have discovered that "worldly " people are a damn sight more forgiving than so called spiritual ones.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Your eulogy was very beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing it with all of us. I am very sorry that you lost your father.

momz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit