My wife is attending an "Assembly"?

by Shadow1 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Shadow good for you to stand back and get a good birds eye view of the JWS.

Literature sales is the underlining objective and the hidden agenda with this religion, you aren't being shaped and molded to be a Christian, instead

you are molded and shaped to be a publisher for the Watchtower Society ( a publishing house ) where there is power and money usually you'll find corruption.

It has to be understood also that the people that work at the printing factories are not doing so on a volunteer basis on their own spare time, they live and are housed

close to the plants and all of their living necessities are paid for buy the organization, essentially this is their livelihood, and this goes right up to the top tier of the organization

the dozen or so of governing body members, who collectively get special privilege status there.

So to get a true over all perspective of the JWS you have to take into account the business structure thats working in the background.

Is it a formation of a true religion or is it a formation of a true business......ummmm ?

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

MinisterAmos's comments are correct, this is not the kind of religion that tolerates any kind of objection or objectivity, it will pull your wife away from you

like a strong magnet, to them at this moment you are just a lowly evil worldly that is soon to die, they really do not respect marriages where one party might not be one of them.

And this why when these situations arise there is more than often a divorce or separation occurring.

Call it a mean strong arm tactic to keep the flock intact but that is the way it is with this religion like it or not.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

welcome....read....learn.

~Hill

• Shadow1
    Shadow1

thanks to all...After losing my previous wife, 7 yrs ago to cancer, I swore I would never "settle" should I ever remarry. I still feel the same way. I will not let this religion get in the way of my happiness. If it starts to do that, I'll concider that a "dealbreaker", and I will walk away. Plan and simple.

Shadow

• rimfiredancing
    rimfiredancing

That's an awesome attitude. I'm sad that your wife is getting sucked back into this toxic cult- part of their tactic is the replacement of individual personality with the homogenous persona of 'a good publisher', so it's sad to think of her gradually disappearing beneath the brainwashing. I used to have photos of myself taken back in my time with the b0rg that show a hollow shell of a person wearing the 'correct' facade in an effort to be accepted. I never was, because I couldn't quite give up my 'worldly' habit of thinking things through.

I hope that things turn out as well for you as they can given the situation: her responses to your investigations show that the 'no outside information' rule is already sinking in deep. There's probably little hope that she'll consider any source of information that doesn't have the WT official stamp of approval: the only thing you might do is drop bombs quietly into the conversation, such as asking her about explanations for the society's backflips on the end times, medical proceedures, blood issues and it's policy on not reporting pedophiles to be dealt with by the law. If she still has any open mind at all, this may be a way for doubt to come in, but as others have asserted here, JWs are trained to stop thinking.

I loathe religion, it's the same rubbish everywhere. :/

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

Shadow,

I sense your relationship will ultimately be confronted by a "choice". Her immersion back into the JW's will likely be subtle and tolerable until its not. Kinda like placing a frog in cool water and turning on the burner. By the time its too hot its way too late.

You are a prospective convert in both her eyes and other JW's. She will likely try to make the impact of JW's as pleasant as possible for now. However, eventually the hope of you ever converting will be lost and you will be recatagorized. You will likely have to keep your true feelings to yourself for the sake of peace. What you've already experienced when showing her critical information is a foretaste of the type of tension the religion introduces into a relationship. Compromise will most likely have to come mostly from your end. You will have to tolerate her schedule, the rules that impact her, displacing your social life with JW's, and the idea that you are essentially a worldly slacker in the eyes of her JW friends.

Some couples (JW/non JW) can pull it off OK. The non JW actually provides the JW spouse a conveinient excuse from the relentless JW schedule. For others its a constant source of tension and conflict. You are 54 - correct? I assume more kids are not in you future? If so that reduces some of the risks of this type of relationship. However don't discount time. As you know, a relationship is like two plants growing close together. You become intertwined and codependant. If seperation does come then the longer it is prolonged the more it will hurt. Something to keep in mind...

Perhaps it is wise to flesh this out before the emotional investment is too large??

• berylblue
    berylblue
    Its like hell, but with dress clothes and sandwiches.

Bad clothes and horrible sandwiches, actually. Hey, it's been years for me - any Witness women ever figure out how to dress well on a budget?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit