My wife is attending an "Assembly"?

by Shadow1 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Shadow1
    Shadow1

My wife has gone to attend an "Assembly" Can anyone tell me what goes on at these meetings?

-"un-believing mate" still very new to all of this.

Shadow1

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

They drink goat's blood, then perform human sacrifices, usually small children. No, seriously, it's just listening to the same rehashed sermons all day. It's like a regular meeting, except it lasts all day instead of two hours. Sometimes it's two or three days.

• Shadow1
    Shadow1

Ok...so basically, just a big waste of one's time!

• watson
    watson
    Ok...so basically, just a big waste of one's time!

Not really. Now that I can think freely, I actually enjoy going more. We may be witnessing the demise of an interesting upshoot religion/control group. I like hearing the defensive moves/positioning made by the governing body in the "spiritual" warfare. Watson

• yumbby
    yumbby

Its like hell, but with dress clothes and sandwiches.

• faundy
    faundy

Most people, like I did, like going because lots of congregations in the area get together and it's cool to catch up with people you haven't seen in a long time.

Your wife will get sympathy for being there on her own, without a husband, and they will be sweetly patronising about how well she's doing and the effort she's made. Because of course, it's presumed you oppose her the whole way and make her life hell.

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

So is your wife new to all this too? If so, it sounds like she's taking steps to get more involved with JW's. That is nothing to take lightly. If so, do some reading here and elsewhere. Much better to act now than later when she becomes totally dependant on them. Believe me, you won't like how that turns out....

• Happy Harvester
    Happy Harvester

Give your wife a call early in the morning, well before she heads out for breakfast. Try to be romantic, and get her into some nice phone sex. It will make the punishment of a day's convention easier on her poor spirit. Poor dear, having to sit and listen to claptrap all day long! She'll probably welcome a diversion, even from an unbelieving mate.

• Shadow1
    Shadow1

FreeWilly....Wife became part of the Org. when she was 14 yrs of age. apparently dropped out about 5 or 6 years ago (before we met). We have been married for just over one year, and she returned to the Org about 3 months ago.

Shadow1

• looloo
    looloo

some of that and alot of that , and by the end of it all when iwas a study , i made a comment about how dull it was

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit