My wife is attending an "Assembly"?

by Shadow1 36 Replies latest jw friends

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy
    FreeWilly....Wife became part of the Org. when she was 14 yrs of age. apparently dropped out about 5 or 6 years ago (before we met). We have been married for just over one year, and she returned to the Org about 3 months ago.

The assembly is an intensive programming session. She will come back a different person, when that happens, come back and tell us what is happening and we may be able to help you sort it out.

If she is going back it can be a combination of guilt and wanting the acceptance she had when she was younger. They won't really give it to her because she is married to you, an "unbeliever".

The best thing you can do is make sure you are a great place for her to be, and maybe keep any friends you have close so she feels like she isn't alone.

This is going to be hard on you, do a lot of reading and ask questions.

Good luck!

WLG

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

The program itself is generally quite boring. As a child I remember playing little mind games like seeing how high I could count in my head. As an adult I used the time during the sessions to catch up on sleep and read non-WTS books and magazines I would bring. During lunch it was alright. I would walk around and meet people I knew. After the sessions we might go out to eat. So, mostly harmless. What you need to do is read Crisis of Conscience and see if she would read it too. But don't force it.

Dave

• Shadow1
    Shadow1

The assembly is an intensive programming session. She will come back a different person, when that happens, come back and tell us what is happening and we may be able to help you sort it out.

If she is going back it can be a combination of guilt and wanting the acceptance she had when she was younger. They won't really give it to her because she is married to you, an "unbeliever".

The best thing you can do is make sure you are a great place for her to be, and maybe keep any friends you have close so she feels like she isn't alone.

This is going to be hard on you, do a lot of reading and ask questions.

Good luck!

WLG

I know things will change WLG...I just hope she does't change too much. I'm not really sure how far I'm prepared to go with this. Certainly don't want to see this becoming a "dealbreaker", as far as my marriage is concerned.

Thanks for the input.

Shadow1

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Yes you should be concerned Shadow for the following reason

The truth is that the WTS. has and always will be a corrupt commercial venture that was deliberately orchestrated with the intension of utilizing and manipulating the belief in the Bible

to market its published literature. There is nothing spiritual or righteous about that is there, they indeed use mind control techniques on the people that get interested in them.

This happens generally at every meeting and Assemblies too. Does this sound like something you want to let your wife get involved in.

Another warning I should mention is over time the brothers and sisters as they call themselves will will start pointing the finger at you as being a dirty worldly that is weakening

her spirituality and because of that your wife will start to pull away from you. It is for that reason that just about all split JW marriages end in divorce and your wife will start to look for a new

partner that is a Witness eventually . Sorry but those are just the facts, cold and depressing as they are.

I was born and raised a jw and I still have family involved with this religion ........just a little heads up ....take care

• Shadow1
    Shadow1

Thanks Homerovah

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Your welcome Shadow, I've got to help out my fellow Canadians........eh !

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

One other thing that I should also point out, they do something that is refereed to as love bombing especially to newly interested ones and they will even

express that to you when they come and visit, its very pretentious and its designed to cull you in, this is typical of a mind controlled cult mindset.

They spend most of their time training people to gather more into the flock with their literature intact of course, which they call the slave class.

But what they really are are free employees that they create and in doing so bring money into their headquarters.

Coercion and fear is utilized at all levels of the programing and this how they take control of so much of these people lifes, unfortunately they really can't

comprehend what or why its been done to them, sadly.

• Shadow1
    Shadow1

Yeah...she has made it a point to tell me how happy the people in her congregation are to have her back within the Org. All of a sudden she has a LOT more friends. We've had MANY an invitation to dinner!

-Shadow-

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Yes, best beware of those big smiling faces and understand whats really going on, there are usually many times something behind those faces,

that isn't known right off the bat .

Have you checked out some of the videos on you-tube about the JWS there are some enlightening info there and they are easy to search

Perhaps too you might show them to your wife also , here is just one of them http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=MN5xLY4MSK4&feature=related

and there are many more for sure

• jgnat
    jgnat

So I take it she is baptized already?

I'm the "unbelieving mate" in our marriage, though I'm very strong in my own beliefs and a Sunday School teacher in my own right. The Witnesses were very friendly until it became clear that I won't convert. The smiles are frozen in place now.

There's a group of us on this board who have developed extensive strategies to help offset the Watchtower machine. Let me know if you are interested.

It might not be a bad idea to go to a meeting or an assembly on occassion. Not too frequently, or the natives might get encouraged. But enough that she can't use the society to distance herself from you. It is also very bad if you try and "ban" the society or in any other way try and overtly prevent her from going. The society expects this, saying such actions are the work of "satan". You don't want your wife looking at you like you've got horns growing out of your head.

Oh, yes. I've taken the time to describe, in detail, what an assembly is like to the "uninitiated". Here's the link.

http://www.angelfire.com/ab6/jgnat/UBM/index.blog?topic_id=1024878

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit